March Madness

<p>It's that time of year. Fill out your brackets and glue yourself to the tube. 3 straight weekends of non-stop college hoops. And on top of that MLB Opening Day, the NBA and NHL playoffs, and the Masters all within the next month.</p>

<p>Does it get any better than this?</p>

<p>I feel pretty stupid. I opened this thread based on the subject heading of "March Madness" and thinking it was to do with college admissions decisions coming out. I never even thought about basketball! I guess I am too immersed in this college admissions stuff with all my students waiting and hearing this month, as well as my own D with grad school admissions. Then again, I do not follow college basketball!</p>

<p>Hoops, baby!!!!</p>

<p>I was going to start a March Madness post but wasn't sure I'd find a lot of kinship. Bad mom moment: I let my kids enter an ESPN pool with former co-workers and have for years. My now-15yo has won second place twice! And we have a competition with another family of four (another former co-worker) on the West Coast. We've beat them two years running.</p>

<p>We take our brackets VERY seriously. :)</p>

<p>Youdon'tsay....
You are not alone. In past years, lderochi has started a cc pool. Real official, online and everything. He doesn't spend as much time here anymore, so I don't know if it will happen.</p>

<p>but You Could Do It!</p>

<p>I can never win, because I can't stop myself from choosing the teams I <em>love</em> over the teams I actually think will win. </p>

<p>But I'm with you. I <em>love</em> March Madness!</p>

<p>Those that win often know little-nothing, but pick based upon team color uniforms and other important influences upon outcome. There are often many surprises along the way. I told my son that I will play this year, and I probably stand a better chance of winning because of how I will pick (can't decide if it's uniform color, school climate or...).</p>

<p>I am the only woman in the annual office March Madness pool, and I seem to be in the money every year, so I think they are going to ban me this year!</p>

<p>Gotta pick those Wildcats!! (and I'm not talking Kentucky or Arizona!!)</p>

<p>I used to love watching basketball. Now, I can't stand it. Football is so much better to watch. I have no idea why I no longer like to watch basketball. Possibly it is because the uniforms worn by basketball players look like dresses. Possibly it is because there is so little strategy today. Years ago, you could delay the game and gain an advantage against a run and gun team. Who know. But I am glad others still watch the sport.</p>

<p>I am also a frequent pool winner. I play a different sort of pool- you pick 16 teams and they have different point values depending on their seed. The idea is to pick the upsets.<br>
I love college basketball. I had Vanderbilt season tickets this year and it was so much fun! I have grown to love the SEC.</p>

<p>I'm here, I'm here! I was going to try to set it up again. I just have to remember what website I used to set it up. Yahoo! sports, I think.</p>

<p>Yahoo and ESPN both have easy, free brackets (says the woman who's never started one but has played in both). But I want in when this one gets going.</p>

<p>I don't have a clue about most of the teams, but count me in! Given the odd circumstances we had with the weather and games here this weekend, I am paying closer attention to the games.</p>

<p>Iderochi ~ yep, Yahoo sports has it. If you set it up, I'm in. I'm already in another group on there and have my bracket filled out! BTW - thanks for the info. in my thread on Capital One. She applied and was approved already.</p>

<p>No problem, hope the car buying goes well!</p>

<p>I'm in twice at CBS Sports.com (free) with both my who-I-want-to-win list ("faves") and who-I-think-will-win list ("picks"). I suppose in the cc competitive spirit .... and to hold up the growing trend I see here of the distaff side always landing in the money..... I should go with my Picks for the cc pool.</p>

<p>I like that they have one where you re-pick after each round, so if your picks axe themselves in the first round, you are not left crying in your beer. I put my Faves in that one.</p>

<p>Will enter cc's pool later tonight (need time to figure out whether I already have a yahoo account).</p>

<p>lderochi, Do we have any kind of dynasty going as to who has previously won the cc pool? Inquiring minds want to know.</p>