Marching Band question

<p>This is a random post but I'm hoping someone will know something....I'm assuming that the marching band has kids that also march summer drum corps. How do they manage the mid-May move in dates for most of the Division 1 corps with the UCLA quarter system that finishes mid-June? I can't seem to figure this out and my son really wants to do both marching Bruins and summer corps?</p>

<p>I don't really know but uh, World of Pagaentry forums is a good place to ask. good luck.</p>

<p>Great idea, thanks very much.....!</p>

<p>Well, I'm in the marching band here at UCLA and I'll try to assist you with your question. I'm not fimiliar with the whole "drum corps" thing, but marching band here is predominately during the fall quarter since we perform during football games. Winter and spring quarter consist of Varsity band, which involves playing at basketball games, volleyball games, tennis matches, ect., but Varsity band is not required for students in the marching band. It's just a time to "show" the director and assistant director who is most dedicated to band. (But Varsity band is really really really fun!!!) As for drum corps, it will not interfere with marching band unless any drup corps event takes place during marching band season (fall). It will only interfere with schooling. Hope this helps.</p>