Someone else mentioned it upthread, but I’ll go into more detail about Cornell College and why it might be a good fit.
I’ll start with the fact that I know it’s not in her desired location, but it may be worth a closer look or visit just because it’s so different from anything else, and, as you said, inertia. Maybe she needs to really start over with something different.
It’s very hands-on and immersive. The one class at a time model allows for ongoing projects and to work in small cohorts where you really get to know your classmates and professors.
You’ve mentioned health issues. If, for some reason, she would have to take time off, it’s easier to make up the one 3 1/2 week class, than make up 4 semester long classes.
While the courses can be intense because they are so short, there is also downtime to catch your breath between them.
The one course at a time model allows for there to be courses based on travel, and you don’t have to plan an entire semester around it.
Sports won’t be an issue and the Greek life is non-traditional. It might even be something she is interested in. At Cornell College they are “social groups” and there are no national chapters. They are much more into shared activities and philanthropic events. (This will give you an idea of how different it is from Texas Greek life. https://www.cornellcollege.edu/greek-life/fraternities-and-sororities/index.shtml)
The school is pretty integrated into the town. The town library is the school’s library, so there is a homey feeling and lots of ways to feel a part of a town rather than just a part of a school.
Almost all students live on campus, but there are some apartments for upperclassmen. I’m not sure how easy they are to get.
I’ve only been able to briefly skim through the thread and I know there’s a lot of “don’t wants”, but Cornell College is kind of a special, stand alone place to consider (or not). It really works for some people.