<p>I did a materials request instead of attending an orientation session.</p>
<p>I want to major in Chemical Engineering. I’m trying to learn a new language, like Chinese, so I would want to take language electives.</p>
<p>So I am wondering:
When will I receive the materials, and what will they be? Just the SCampus and USC catalogue in printed form?</p>
<p>When do I sign up for first semester classes, will I get my academic advisor’s contact information in the materials packet?</p>
<p>Will I be able to sign up for the language electives and will I definitely be able to get classes in my major?</p>
<p>BUMP!! Because I have these same questions.
(LOL, ripemango, seems like we often do
) I’m also going to try to learn a new language (German) and hope classes don’t get filled. Then again, my major requires foreign language.</p>
<p>Also, though, how do you request a materials packet? I haven’t done it yet…</p>
<p>Bump…someone please help us out</p>
<p>Doesn’t it tell you this in the place where you ordered said materials packet?</p>
<p>Anyways, you will definitely be able to take whatever classes you need for your major, according to the provided course plan. Whether you get the sessions you want, is another question. As an EE you won’t have many free units to take electives such as languages.</p>
<p>sessions meaning the schedule for my classes?</p>
<p>Sessions as in different sessions of the same class. There might be two sessions of EE101 for instance, one held MWF at 10AM, and one held MWF at 2PM. You might want the 2PM one, but it could fill up so you’d be forced to take the 10AM one.</p>