math 2c. shooting for 800. What should I study?

<p>Hello CC!!</p>

<p>Since SAT2 bio and math test are coming up soon, I'm internally freaking out right now haha :)</p>

<p>I took AP bio class. I looked over Barrons SAT2 bio book, and knew most of stuff except sex hormones such as FSH, LH. It shouldn't be that hard, so I'm not really worrying about SAT2 bio.</p>

<p>But the problem is Math level 2. Since my school's pre-calc teacher SUxxs (actually, she is not a bad teacher at all, but she is really easily distracted. We just finished Ambiguous cases of triangles) i have no clue about conic sections and vectors and parametric functions.</p>

<p>Should I pay attention on conic sections, vectors and parametric functions, or just study more of trigonometry things (such as identities) so that I would be extremely comfortable with those topics??</p>

<p>God I'm nervous.. Help me out guys!!</p>

<p>What I'm about to tell you is from experience from practice tests. I have yet to take the real exam, though that will not be true at 10:00 AM this Saturday... If you have yet to touch on conic sections, parametric equations, and vectors, I suggest you get cramming. These types of questions seem to be the kind that rarely/occasionally show up, but when they do, they're quite simple JUST AS LONG AS YOU KNOW YOUR STUFF. In my practice tests, I find conic section/vector questions to be usually in the last 5 questions. They honestly aren't that tough though, you just have to know the fundamentals and apply them and you got it. If you want a solid 800, I suggest studying these concepts to be safe. You could probably skip whatever questions on the SAT II that involve these topics, but that leaves less room for other errors. If you get lucky and you don't know these concepts, the best thing that could happen is barely scraping an 800. If you truly are pressed for time, spend an hour or less touching on the basics of these topics. I recommend Princeton Review. Also, your calculator should have some formulas on conics. </p>

<p>At the same time, don't neglect your trig identities and the like. Trig is huge.</p>

<p>Thanks alot! I just read over conic sections. Maybe basic equations and key formulas I have to know just to be safe.. I studied trig for my final exam about 3 days in a row so I'm 99% confident with any related topics with trig haha :P Thank you so much for your advice. It was hugely helpful.</p>