May 2011 Spanish SAT II Discussion?

<p>So guys... who wants some cheese from the Canary Islands?</p>

<p>bump guys - come on - more of you have taken it!!!</p>

<p>FUN FUN FUN FUN! i loved taking this test haha, even though i'm not a native speaker. it's especially fun if you know the idioms and such =]</p>

<p>Heyyy guyss. I took the test today. The were a couple lot of words I didn't recognize that costed me some points. grr. What was the relationship between the Cuban lady that went to Harvard and the German lady (second-to last question on test)? Also, what was the answer to the last question about the Mexican guy - the options were like: he has many talents, he defends his mexican roots... yeah</p>

<p>for the relationship, the key word was "nuera" in the passage. basically, you knew the word or you didn't :/! which year spanish are you in? this is my fourth year, and i just learned that word this year.
also, i put the answer about the mexican roots. not sure about that one either though.</p>

<p>Nuera? I think I put that they were both tourists or something. I had to rush through that last passage because I was running out of time. I'm a third year spanish student, not so sure about this test. Hopefully at least a 600, but we'll see. Hopefully the curve is generous. What did everyone else think of this subject test?</p>

<p>It's almost fun to take this as a native speaker hahaha</p>

<p>The test was much harder than I expected. I am in my fourth (and final?) year of spanish so I'm just just hoping for 600... There were just two of us in the room left taking our third exam and the girl next to me had spanish too! She was done with like 20 minutes left while I was in the sixties :/</p>

<p>^ Don't worry about it, she was probably a native speaker, it's absurdly easy if you're a native speaker.</p>

<p>I made a thread before I realized someone already had lol. Here were my questions:</p>

<p>Does anyone know the curve? (USUALLY, how much do you need for an 800, 750 , so on)</p>

<p>what was the answer to the question that was an ad abt a spanish-american institute? The choices I was stuck on were intensive spanish class and another one abt international something</p>

<p>was the answer to the one abt the guy who found out his favorite author was dead desconsolado?</p>

<p>and another one was fill in the blanks, i don't remember the exact question but I think i had something to do with mothers, I said flowers, is that correct?</p>

<p>And finally, thoughts? Easy, hard or medium? I think medium to easy, but then agin, it's easy to make mistakes in a foreign language and not realize it.</p>

<p>@collegechica- nuera means daughter-in-law. so they answer was parientes (relatives)
-I got it wrong too. I didn't see nuera in the passage :/</p>

<p>I felt confident taking the test. I thought I was well-prepared, and I'm not even a native speaker! Thank god I'm done with Spanish for the year :)</p>

<p>Does anyone know the curve??
If I think I got like 6 (max) wrong and skipped one, is that enough for a 750 or a 760?</p>

<p>There was a question in one of the first questions where it was like "We bought our mother a)chocolate, b)candy, c)flower, d)dunno. Was this flower?</p>

<p>Yes! It was flowers. it was un ramo de ____</p>

<p>ramo = bunch</p>

<p>what was the spanish-american institute picture one? The choices were intensive spanish class and another one abt international something. I forgot the qustion bu it was the first one of the set of questions over this pic. </p>

<p>And did anyone pick cuyo for anything?</p>

<p>yeah, what of the curve? What if you get like 4 wrong and skip none?</p>

<p>wow! I guessed that by choosing what would be the most decent present for a mother. Got it right!!</p>