MAY 2014 PHYSICS SUBJECT TEST

<p>HI! This is a thread to discuss the answers of the SAT II subject test in physics. </p>

<p>I'm debating whether or not to cancel my scores. </p>

<p>Let's compare answers.</p>

<p>Pretty confident on my score… Aiming for at least a 740+ and I think I got atleast 10 wrong with 5-7 doubtful right/wrong </p>

<p>I skipped 3-4 problems and I will be really happy with a 700+. I am in AP Physics C so I thought I didn’t have to study. BIG MISTAKE.</p>

<p>a 2000 kg mass is moving with a velocity of 20m/s. a weight is dropped on it of 500kg. what was the speed after? I put 16m/s</p>

<p>curve predictions?</p>

<p>What did you guys put for the light questions in the first section? The choices were reflection, refraction, diffraction, polarization, etc.</p>

<p>lenses refract and the second question was polarization</p>

<p>I’m hoping the curve is good enough for me to get 700+… I skipped around 8. and I’m thinking maybe a couple wrong. And I remember the sunglasses thing was polarization.</p>

<p>what did you guys get for the throwing a ball off a tower question? i put c (straight across)</p>

<p>Yeah straight across doesn’t alter the vertical acceleration time or vertical initial velocity so straight across would be best…</p>

<p>I skipped 5 questions… Any chance of an 800?</p>

<p>I put straight across for tower. Was the sunglasses one the one where you have to get the correct angle to see it well? And what was the answer other light one about the shadow being broken up?</p>

<p>i think i put the angle as 90… what line segment yielded the most current (magnetic flux question)</p>

<p>^ I don’t remember any question like that o.o</p>

<p>I put the answer to the question abt light bending around the tip of the needle as diffraction…</p>

<p>Yeah that is diffraction. Does anybody know how to solve that question with the two masses on opposite sides of the string? Now that I recall it, I remember putting 4 m/s but I’m not sure if I had the correct logic.</p>

<p>wait wasn’t it a spring? i put 8 m/s^2 to the right. F=ma. the other block was 1.6 kg and had an acceleration of 4 /s^2. Block B or so had a mass of 0.8 kg. therefore 1.6(4)=0.8a</p>

<p>Am I the only one who thought there was a LOT of basic kinematic/momentum on the test? It’s supposed to be like 40%, but it felt like a good 65% was kinematics/dynamics. There were like no electricity questions either.</p>

<p>i honestly thought there was less than usually. There was a lot about light and the different lenses.</p>

<p>@dougiezmd I think i put 8m/s to the right: The heavier object moved 4 to the left, and was twice as heavy. The other side would move the opposite direction (right) and at 2x the speed b/c it’s 2x smaller</p>

<p>was the flag question southeast</p>