Mckinsey

<p>Hi,
I am in 2nd year of premed, but I realize I don't want to be a doctor anymore.
I will change to a computer science or economics major. </p>

<p>Do I still have any chances of getting in Mckinsey because I change my major and I will finish my major with 23 years?</p>

<p>Mckinsey's door is open for everyone, but it is very narrow, if you do well in your major you MAY get in in 23 years... lol</p>

<p>Should I put in my resume that I was in premed before I completed my major?</p>

<p>During my 2nd year of premed I participated in a research project. Should I put it on my cv or don't tell anything I have done during that time?</p>

<p>actually top consulting firms like diversity. they do not want all cs majors or top mba's litter their roster. so, if you did well in your premed, by all means put it on.</p>

<p>otoh, don't hold your hopes too high, as only 1/10 of 1% of qualified will be entering the door.</p>

<p>Don't even bother. It's totally irrelevant. Just put down your major. If they get to see your transcript, they'll see that you tried to take the premed track. They may ask you about it and you'll just tell them that it wasn't the right track for you. Tons of people attempt to do premed and thousands drop out. That's not unique.</p>

<p>is your school a target school for McKinsey? Do they recruit at your campus? Top firms like McKinsey typically recruit based on GPA and connections.</p>

<p>It is a bit silly to peg your target on a specific firm, management consulting can vary quite widely. Additionally, blue-chip firms like McKinsey and Bain are extremely competitive, so they will care about your school and G.P.A. If you get past that and some phone interviews, you will have more interviews based on case-studies and whatnot. Additionally, (as of now) many of these firms have curbed their hiring, particuarly in the D.C. area. Yes, they are still hiring, but you will be competing against people with MBAs and experience. </p>

<p>Don't worry about targeting a specific firm or anything now. Just work hard in school and have a great G.P.A. They won't really care about your EC's or anything.</p>

<p>Bottom line, everyone has stuff that detracts from their GPA. Personally, I got extremely ill and had to miss a semester of school and still graduated on time. But I keep this to myself, because everyone has stuff and it comes off as trying to make excuses.</p>