Medical School Question

<p>Do you need to go to medical school in order to be a biomedical researcher/engineer?</p>

<p>Not necessarily. Unless you are planning to pursue MTSP (MD/PhD), students tend to go to graduate schools or graduate engineering schools</p>

<p>I agree completely - while I'm personally pursuing an MD/PhD, if your end goal is a career in research and you aren't interested in working as a clinician, a doctoral program is a more appropriate route towards that career goal</p>

<p>No, not necessarily.</p>

<p>As the others have said, you can but you don't have to. I do think a PHD or at the very least a Master's degree is needed professionally although I have heard that some companies and businesses will take Hopkins BME undergrads because of the quality of the department.</p>