Medical Secretary's Accident Ruined me and my mother's credit??! What to do?

<p>Hi parents!</p>

<p>I was wondering if you might have some advice to offer me.</p>

<p>Recently, I tried applying for a credit card and was denied (I currenlty have one card with a 2,800 credit limit, need a second but not to buy anything). </p>

<p>I never make impulse purchases I can afford, and Im not very materialistic. I have paid off my balance in full since I opened the card three years ago.</p>

<p>So, seeing how the credit card company that denied me (chase) was a little wierd, I went to experian and saw that I had two problems with my account that were really really sketchy…</p>

<p>Apparenlty, two collections agencies have been going after me since two years ago. The circumstances are so wierd. is there any way I can dispute this? Its really not my fault at all (the medical center forgot to bill my insurance and sent everything to my UCLA dorm room which i had already moved out by then and now I can’t even prove that It would have been covered since I already have switched health care insurances…</p>

<p>Here are the circumstances:</p>

<p>I moved to Los Angelos for College and went to the UCLA medical center twice. Both times, I showed the secretary my healthcare card and they said my health insurance would cover it. However, apparenlty they NEVER billed my insurance and just ended up sending me bills to my dorm room address (which I had already moved out of to San Fransico and didn’t have a forwarding service). </p>

<p>So, I don’t believe I ever got the bills. If one were to run my medical visits through my health insurance at that time (I have switched since then), they would be covered. Since I am insured under a new healthcare insurnace, I can’t even prove that my old insurnace would have been ok with it.</p>

<p>What do I do?
I have two collection agency notices on my credit report and I’m afraid to check my credit score! (I need to apply for 6K in private student loans for my last year of college…and I can’t sign with this bad of a credit!)</p>

<p>Worse off, my mother (father is out of the picture, sadly) can’t cosign becuase she also had the same thing happen to her (secretary said they would bill united healthcare, they ended up sending the medical bills to the WRONG address and then directly went and told the credit bureau that my mother was deliquent—as a result, she just got her credit card of 6 years and all the credit history (it was almost perfect then!) canceled.</p>

<p>Whatever do I do to repair me and my mother’s credit givent hat this wasn’t even out fault? (not that the credit companies care…)?</p>

<p>THanks so much,
Sally.</p>