<p>I think I need to make some changes to some travel plans, but want to hear how difficult this would make things.</p>
<p>On a Sunday in March, I am scheduled to fly from Midway to Ft. Lauderdale, and have a hotel room by the Ft. Lauderdale airport. H and D1 will be flying in from Syracuse, and we are all scheduled to land at approximately the same time; Monday morning we will rent a car to drive down to Key West.</p>
<p>However, I forgot that we have some United Airlines vouchers and since my original flight is scheduled with Southwest, I can cancel the one leg of the flight to Ft. Lauderdale and use the full credit on my next flight with them. But, it looks like the best way for me to get into the area is to fly into Miami as opposed to Ft. Lauderdale. So if I fly into Miami sometime Sunday afternoon/evening, what is the best way to get up to the Ft. Lauderdale airport area. That’s where I want to be because that’s where H and D are flying into, and where we have hotel reservations for the night, and where we will pick up our car rental from. I’d really not have to rent a car and pay an extra day to use it, for just driving from one airport to another.</p>
<p>Any transportation options available to me other than renting a car for the night?</p>
<p>Forgot to add, if anyone knows about how much taking a cab from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is, that might be a possibility.</p>
<p>I seem to recall having done this some years ago by shuttle, and I think this might be the company I used: [Fort</a> Lauderdale Airport Shuttle - Miami Airport shuttle - Ft Lauderdale shuttle service](<a href=“http://www.shuttlediscount.com/]Fort”>http://www.shuttlediscount.com/). I’m sure there are others as well. The trip between the airports isn’t too far (maybe about an hour or so).</p>
<p>You might find that an extra day on the car rental (switch your res from Ft Lauderdale to Miami) is less expensive and less hassle than other transport between the locations.</p>
<p>The TriRail runs between the 2 airports, <$10. Free bus takes you from Miami airport to the tri rail station at edge of MIA, then leaves you at FLL. That is cheapest way between the 2 airports. </p>
<p>For ease, the official limo/shared ride service (to arrange single or shared rides) is 800-244-8252, or <a href="mailto:ride@fkoridalimo.com">ride@fkoridalimo.com</a> Online, you’ll see price. I’ve used them many times.</p>
<p>Cab fare between those 2 airports would be around $70. You’d probably be better off renting a car at MIA, The extra rental day would likely be cheaper than taxi fare.</p>
<p>Just a thought, but don’t H and S rent car in FLL, pick you up at MIA, and proceed to Keys? That’s on the way.
What Key are you going to? Try to eat at The Fish House in Key Largo.</p>
<p>Well, our reservations for Key West don’t start until Monday, and we didn’t want to spend Monday in airports and driving, which is why we’re flying in Sunday evening, then driving in first thing on Monday. With your scenario, I’d have to get a room by the Miami airport, then they’d get the car Monday morning and pick me up. We’d rather all stay in the same hotel Sunday night, which is why I have to figure out how to get up to FLL if I change my flight.</p>
<p>The TriRail sounds like a great option; I’d never heard of it (as you can tell, I’m not familiar with the Miami area at all!).</p>