missed twtp deadline

<p>I missed the RSVP deadline for TWTP. Is there anyway I can still go (if I RSVP soon)? Is it worth going to an orientation like this? I feel like it would be useful in getting to know people beforehand but I don't want it to be a program where I feel locked in to one social group afterwards or anything.</p>

<p>You pretty much tapped in to the problem with pre-orientation programs. I would say call the people who organize it, ask if there's any way to still join in.</p>

<p>If they say yes, I'd do it. It's good to make friends.</p>

<p>If you're not especially outgoing, going to a pre-orientation might get you "locked into" a group of friends. But then again, so would hanging out with your unit (your 50ish closest dorm-mates), or being on a sports team, or being on debate... you get where I'm going? And at least with the pre-orientation groups, most of those people are probably not going to hang out mostly with your immediate circle of friends (cause they'll find other friends).</p>

<p>I don't know very much about this program, but your post made my eyebrows go up. Why did you miss this deadline? You need to have a long talk with yourself about the importance of deadlines and what missing them means in your life. You are about to enter a very intense environment and it will be only more intense if you procrastinate and don't meet the deadlines that are set for you. Perhaps this was an oversight, and an isolated event; I have no way of knowing your personality. If I have insulted you, I apologize most sincerely. However, forewarned is forearmed, and take this advice as it is intended.</p>

<p>I went to TWTP and you do make a lot of friends through it-- especially since it's the very first chance you get to meet people. Some people stick with those friends through the whole year, but some find other, closer friends through classes and ECs where they might have interests in common. And most end up with a combination of both. You're definitely not locked in to one social group, unless you don't make an effort to meet other people. And it's great getting to move in early! Hopefully you didn't miss the deadline by much-- if you can still get in, definitely go!</p>