MIT internships/jobs

<p>Do you know if MIT offers internships or jobs around the campus?
I am an international student, let me know please! xD</p>

<p>I read somewhere that there were many internships but they were just for USA students.</p>

<p>If you have F-1 visa, you can not work off-campus but only in campus.
On the other hand, I don't know if MIT offers jobs to students in-campus based on their citizenship status or not. However if they have no such criteria, you can still only work in the campus but not outside.</p>

<p>Althought there is a big exception to this situation. If the workplace is considired as "Curricular Practical Training" or "Optional Practical Training", then the USCIS may grant a work permit for you for a limited time. The work either must be required by your education or must be part of your education this or that way to be considired in this category.</p>

<p>If you have F-2(dependent of a student) or F-3 visa, you can not work in-campus nor off-campus. I'm not sure if the above situation applies in this case however most likely it does.</p>

<p>I'm no expert, just common knowledge. Its better if you check wiki or mail MIT.</p>

<p>I know many international students who do work, mostly on campus. So I can say at the very least that it's possible legally :)</p>

<p>Look I didn't say a thing..
I am an high school student who is looking for an internship/job before his senior year.</p>

<p>Okay let me understand.
You are an international student (exchange program?) in a US high school and want to have an internship/job before your senior year?
MIT has some courses/programs for high school students, its most likely that you will be able to apply and take place in those programs if you are in the area.</p>

<p>OR if you are studying in another country and wish to come to MIT for an intership/job before your senior year, I'm not sure this is possible unless MIT grants you an I-20 which I don't think they would do unless they are extremely interested in your researchs or wish to admit you.</p>

<p>Sorry I couldn't understand your current situation well, I hope I was clear enough ;)</p>

<p>As you can see from my profile, I am from italy.
I was looking a job/internship around the world. I am a junior high school student. I was wondering If MIT offered some job or internship to high school students..
I have seen that there is a project called MITes, but it's for only USA citizens.</p>

<p>"OR if you are studying in another country and wish to come to MIT for an intership/job before your senior year, I'm not sure this is possible unless MIT grants you an I-20 which I don't think they would do unless they are extremely interested in your researchs or wish to admit you."</p>

<p>I don't think it would be possible unless in a very extreme case like I stated above but good lucks!</p>

<p>Ok, thanks!</p>

<p>MIT also offers a program called RSI which does have internationals, though only for specific countries I believe. Also, the application process is extremely competitive, though you should try anyways. Here's a link for more information - International</a> Program | Center for Excellence in Education.</p>