Hello everyone!
I aspire to become a music producer and was admitted to two music industry programs, but have no idea what to choose, considering financial aid awards I have recieved. I hope will get some valubale advices, thank you!
The first is Drexel University in in Philly. I made a research and my opinion is that it is pretty average university itself, but has crazy music industry program. They have renowned proffessors, many studios, internships, their own label and admit only 10 percent of the applicants (I am lucky here :)). Also, Drexel University is located in the big city and they a big network, and it positions itself as a place providing a real-world experience.
However, I have only a 50 percent scolarship, so, including housing and meals, it will cost me 35 000 annually. I believe my parents will help me to cover the half of it, but the remaining part I will have to take a loan, which will be 70 000 totally. Maybe less, if I will live off campus in sophomore year and next, but anyway…
The second college is the College of Saint Rose. It is located in pretty small city (Albany), the college itself if pretty small and I guess has no big name. Music Industry program, however, seems very good, but they do not have famous proffs or something. However, I have a big scolarship and I will only have to pay about 10 000 annually or even less (maybe even nothing in a lucky situation).
What I am afraid of studying at St. Rose is that I will not get proper network, which is so important in music industry field. Also, I am little big afraid of living in small city. What if it will be boring for me, as for one, who has always lived in a big city (I am from Moscow :))
What I am afraid of being at Drexel is that I will have a massive student loan, that maybe not even worth the quality of life I will have there and really overpriced.
I have no idea what to do at this point. Hope to hear some thoughts or advices. Thank you very much!
