<p>I would like to know what you guys think my chances are at this college. I put it as my #1 choice for Computer Science College in the state of GA. It can only be in the state of GA, as I need the HOPE Scholarship. (Income is paid by SSI, we are poor, I live with my Grandfather. My Grandfather came here from Thailand (Vietnam Conflict), I was born in the U.S.)</p>
- Top 10% of 410 Seniors. About in top 40 students.
- All A's from Freshman -> Current
-Transcripts States GPA as about 96 GPA. (Should be higher as changing schools twice screwed up my Courses and Grades...)
- 2 "Quest" (Honors/Gifted) Classes - Biology (11th Grade, 96 avg.) and Pre-Calculus (12th Grade, currently 97 avg.) Each Honors/Gifted/AP Class adds .5 to GPA, total +1 to GPA. (4.0 Scale)
- No Advanced Placement classes, (I was earlier advised against it... and it was too late that I found that AP classes were a plus to admissions.)
- No Extracurricular - Again, I live with my Grandfather (almost 70 yrs. old), with 3 siblings. With school and taking care of them, I've no time. I'm trying to fit this into the Essay part, but the Essay topic is: "Describe a personal experience that gave you the feeling of greatest achievement or satisfaction because of the challenges you met."
- SAT Scores, current highest at: 1120 (520 Verbal, 600 Math) - Waiting on Oct. 9th Scores...
- No SAT II Scores
- I'm Asian, and being a minority is a plus... but a past college visit shows they have a lot... maybe they don't need anymore?</p>
<p>What do you guys think? Should I make it? I am REALLY in need of going here. I expect to get a job after college with making +$60,000-75,000 within 4 years after graduation, so that's why I have high expectations to go there. Thanks!</p>