CHEM 1412 General Chemistry II B
ECON 2301 Principles of Macroeconomics A
MATH 2413 Calculus I A
PHED 1119 Exercise for Health & Fitness A </p>

<p>High School Classes:</p>

<p>English III AP A
Internship A
Technical Writing A</p>

<p>12 Grade: All are Duel Credit, These are classes I plan to take for my senior year</p>

<p>Duel Credit: 17 college credit hours</p>

<p>BIOL 1407 General Biology II
ENGL 1301 COMPOSITION I
MATH 1342 Statistics
PHYS 1401 College Physics I
PSYC 2301 General Psychology </p>

<p>Trying to get a A.S. in Life Science; Degree from the Community College</p>

<p>More Info:</p>

<p>My College GPA IS 3.79
I have currently taken 54 College Credit Hours
These classes are taken at San Jacinto College (Community College)</p>

<p>My SAT IS 1680 (I re-took it again June 6, 2009; awaiting score on June 25)
I took the ACT on June 13, 2009; awaiting score on June 24</p>

<p>My High School GPA is 4.0/4.5 (this is the worst I expect, my school has not calculated my High School GPA, its super slow, they say next year, so this is the GPA at worst i might have)</p>

<p>Pre-AP or AP and Any Classes under Duel Credit is included
A is 4.5
B is 4</p>

<p>Those not labeled Pre-AP or AP and must be High School Classes
A is 4</p>

<p>I volunteer at the hospital: 141 hours (2008-)</p>

<p>Clubs:
(2009-) Project Vietnam 2010: member
(2007-2008) Computer Club: member
(2007-2008) Video Game Club: vice president (I was made VP because the teacher said so, it wasn’t written in paper or anything)</p>

<p>Awards Won (I don’t think it will help because it sounds like a middle school but our high school does this) </p>

<p>Math Award (2008)
A/B Honor Roll (2008, 2009)
Prefect Attendance (2009)</p>

<p>There isn’t much clubs at my school, it doesn’t have UIL or Debate
The clubs are student created clubs</p>

<p>All these duel credits transfer to UT at Austin, its a Texas Community College and i talked to UT counselor/San Jac and they it tranfers</p>

<p>Please consolidate this info to simplify it. UT doesn't care about individual course grades or GPA, just class rank.</p>

<p>All of your rank, grades, and test scores, are only 20% of the criteria. However, almost all accepted students are top 5% and have excellent test scores.</p>

<p>40% of the application is the two essays. This will make or break you. They won't enable an otherwise mediocre applicant to get in, but they will keep an otherwise awesome applicant out.</p>

<p>Extracurriculars are 20%. The final 20% is "How Plan II are you" and this really is just how your activities and essays display what Plan II stands for.</p>

<p>Without more info, it's hard to give you a better chance, but from what you've given us, I would say you don't have a great shot unless you are a truly awesome essay writer. Your scores on the academic part of the essay will be significantly below the norm for Plan II students, and you don't have a lot of ECs or leadership. Try to get into those positions for next year to have a better shot.</p>

<p>Well our school grade level has 54 people in it.
We don't know our ranking, cause our school is ineffective and slow, and hasn't done its job correctly.</p>

<p>What kind of writing do they expect?</p>

<p>Our school doesn't have clubs like a regular High school , no sports or band, orchestra, clubs like Debate or UIL, they only have two languages Latin and Spanish and they are getting rid of Latin.</p>

<p>I retook the SAT, the first time I took the SAT my Procter was bad, they talked, they opened the doors, the windows so it was super cold, and called time earlier than excepted and sometimes slower than the time.</p>

<p>I am going to re-take the ACT, cause when i took the act, a girl's cellphone went off three times yet the proctors did not kick her out but told her to turn off the phone, it rang during the reading/science and it messed me up on the science the most because it rang twice on during that section. I tried reporting it, but i don't know where on the act website , the reporting link is located.</p>

<p>Extracurricular are out of the question, cause they don't have clubs like a regular high school where you go places and debate and stuff, its really limited in choosing and its mainly for the 9th graders, and the clubs posts are mainly popularity contests and we don't have student council for my grade level.</p>

<p>What can I do to make my probability higher? i don't have Extracurricular at our school but i guess i can form some club in 12 grade to give me some ECs on my college resume.</p>

<p>How do you show leadership with a school that isn't a typical high school; its mainly a college high school where i get an A.S. without the high school norms such as sports or band and such.</p>

<p>You'd probably have to write a really good prompt C essay for special circumstances explaining the lack of extracurricular oppotunities (without sounding petty) and explain what you've done to make up for this.</p>

<p>If you just go home and play Halo, they won't be impressed by that. If you do community service, or are active in church or other organizations outside your school, they will be more impressed.</p>

<p>Extracurriculars don't have to be connected to a school--plenty of homeschool kids manage to pull it off, so I'm sure you can too.</p>

<p>I do volunteer at the hospital, I have 141 hours and counting (since March 2008). I wasn't able to volunteer at the hospital until I turned 15 which was Dec. 2007, that's why i started volunteering March 2008.</p>

<p>I am in one club at our school which has a limited amount of clubs.
We have book club, biology club, writing club, fashion club, photo club but we don't have NHS or debate or any of the sort of clubs you would find at a regular Texas High School. </p>

<p>Lol, Nope I don't even own Halo or X-box, much less have time for video games, since of college classes. The 2009 Spring semester I took five college classes plus two high school classes (AP english and an Internship class and had 16 college credit hours Jan-May 2009). This upcoming Fall semester 2009 I will be taking 17 college credits hours.</p>

<p>I haven't been able to be active during my 9th grade summer(entering 10th grade), i was out of the country, and 10 grade summer(entering 11th grade) I took summer classes, like 4 college classes like 12 college credits in total during the summer 2008. This summer I am trying to get a job. I will volunteer at the hospital this summer.</p>

<p>I don't play instruments, I am not in boy scouts, i don't babysit my neighbors children, but i babysit my sister for free, i don't mow the lawn for my neighbors. I tried shadowing a physician but that didn't work out cause the volunteer manager didn't schedule one, and I couldn't talk to a physician about job shadowing only the volunteer manager could, but he never talked to any physician. I tried volunteering at the pharmacy area or Emergency area because those are the ares I wish to work later in life, but he won't let me instead I search and locate wheelchairs and put them in their rightful place. I can't volunteer at another hospital because I have 141hours here and other hospitals aren't accepting volunteers and this guy is trying to get rid of me cause they have too many and my job is expandable, but that makes no sense since its volunteering. I really don't know what else to say about the volunteer manager.</p>

<p>Do you have any ideas for ECs like any organizations in the friendswood-league city area,because I been look at meals on wheels but they don't do in friendswood-league city area. I been searching for places, i can't do the blood drive cause I am not 18 or something was what I was told. I been search for a whole year for ECs but college classes take away my time and age limits also hamper me</p>

<p>Currently I am 17 so i don't think I am as limited age-wise as I was last year. I sorry if i complain too much, but i just want to write about my options so you might understand better and give me some help,because I am really trying to do everything, but it seems like there is some obstacle that comes in my way and prevents me from doing anything.</p>

<p>Wow. Have you heard of Tatiana del Toro, the crazy contestant from American Idol? Your posts really sound like her. You seem super ambitious but really crazy and you add a lot of unnecessary detail. Are you like this in real life? No, probably not. But to me, it looks like you're full of excuses. For your ACT and the SAT, you have excuses why you didn't do well. For your perceived lack of ECs, you have many excuses as to why they're bad. For your failed physician experience, you have an excuse why this didn't work out. DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT write like this for the admissions committee. </p>

<p>In special circumstances, don't write about how ECs at your school are popularity contests because guess what, all ECs are. ONLY write how there's not many offered because that's the only valid excuse.</p>

<p>I know you're scared and I know you're anxious but don't blow your chances by sounding whiney because in reality, I think you have a real shot at this.</p>

<p>Tim739 Are you reading my post? I just said I am trying to tell my story so you and anyone else who reads this can help me better, if you know the details better then you have an idea on how to help me. I need some help on this, that's why i wrote this not to say I have a bad life, I am telling from my prescriptive so you can help me. So you can stop insulting me and start answering.</p>

<p>If you can't find an EC or volunteer opportunity that is absolutely everything you want to do, then forego the dream opportunities and go for the ones that you're simply ok doing but give em your best shot. These don't have to be related to your field but you do want to build your resume for activities outside of school no matter what, and the experience will help you to learn valuable skills. You just need to make the effort and have the drive to do something, anything.</p>

<p>Volunteer-- you said you will volunteer at the hospital this summer. Summer is halfway over so get on it now so you can change that "will volunteer" to "am volunteering". You might still have to do volunteer orientations beforehand (even if you've volunteered there previously) and those take time. Change up the areas where you volunteer, a hospital is a big place with different specialties, you'll gain an advantage by experiencing all the different areas. If you can't volunteer at a hospital or clinic, volunteer somewhere else. If there are big companies in need of volunteers such as American Red Cross or Ronald McDonald House, they'd love to have you. If there are people you know in your area who have office jobs (such as lawyers), they need receptionists and runners. If all else fails, make your own volunteer project. It can be really creative or very common such as getting a group together to help pick up trash in the parks or plant trees. Volunteer work is endless, and there are no requirements if you're doing something on your own (also shows leadership)</p>

<p>Job-- same with what I said about volunteering, search for jobs online or ask around town, get apps, fill them out, hand them right to the manager and do it soon so you can change "trying to get a job" to "have a job". If it's your first job and there's not many available in your area, don't be picky, it'll more than likely be an entry level job anyway like being a sacker/checker at the supermarket or at a fast food place. Just get one, hold it down for as long as possible/needed, and you've got a little experience there. If your volunteer experience has helped you learn skills like answering calls, filing, etc. (office work) then you can eventually get a job (there are a TON of companies that need receptionists and the work is very manageable for hs but mostly college students) with that to have during school for a little extra cash.</p>

<p>Shadowing-- call the physician, not the volunteer manager if he's not doing his job. Talk to the physician directly and ask him if you can shadow. More than likely, he would perfectly fine with it. And plus, you get to meet their patients. That's actually pretty cool too.</p>

<p>School club-- I'm guessing you're in the bio club. Whatever club you're in, do something big this year or at least have something planned to keep it busy all year long. Do bake sales, exhibits, car washes, volunteer work, help with elementary schools, raise money for charity, whatever. Doing something new one year can lead to a tradition for upcoming years. If you don't have a StuCo for your grade level, make an appeal to the school administration/district to get one. If you don't have UIL, make an appeal as well. You'll probably want to find interested prospective members before you ask so the admin know that a lot of students want to be in it. Give them reasons why you think the school should have it and what the benefits are of the competitions (I personally loved doing UIL and it's awesome when your school wins big competitions). If you really really want to do something in high school, then figure out a way to do it because you only have one more year to try.</p>

<p>Basically, don't say you can't do this or that because you don't have the resources. Just use the resources that you do have and make the best of it! Good luck!</p>

<p>ty kaygar09, you are one of the few who have read this post.</p>

<p>Volunteer: I volunteer once a week in the summer
Job: I applied for a job two weeks ago, just waiting to hear from them
Shadowing: I am trying to shadow a pharmacist this fall semester</p>

<p>School Clubs:
Lol, not in the bio club, its mainly for 9th graders.
Stuco- its only for grades 9 and 10 in our school, they won't allow 11 or 12
UIL- Our school won't allow it, citing duel-credit program can't handle the financial and also that we have to travel to places and they won't allow us to miss college classes for that.
I am doing bake sales, car washes for a club I am in, I am not an officer just a member, would that be okay because I hear you should be an officer instead of a regular member?</p>

<p>So what are your new SAT and ACT scores?
A 2100+ SAT or 32+ ACT along with some good essays should give you a decent chance.
Can't really say anything else without your class rank.</p>

<p>My gut instinct is that you won't score very high in the "How Plan II are you" section based on what you've written above, but that's just my opinion. I don't know what admissions will think, but based on what I've seen, I can't see you scoring many points in this area.</p>

<p>ECs are important for Plan II but not super important. EACH ESSAY is worth as much as your entire four years of leadership and ECs (or lack thereof), and each essay is worth as much as all of your grades and ranks and scores put together.</p>

<p>Write kickass essays and don't come off like you have in the above posts, and you'll have a good shot. However, this is the case for really any applicant to Plan II.</p>