My Chances at Columbia

<p>I'd appreciate any thoughts on my chances at Columbia. I'm not an URM, I live in Illinois.</p>

<p>1450 SATs 740 Verbal, 710 Math
34 ACT
SAT II's 710 Math IIC, 710 Writing, 660 US History
4.4 weighted GPA
3.76 unweighted
ranked 115/~800
National Merit Semi-finalist
work 2 jobs year round
I run a powerpoint slide show that advertises all the dogs and cats at the local animal shelter.
varsity lacrosse
taking hardest schedule school offers </p>

<p>AP's Completed
U.S. History - 5
Microeconomics - 4
Macroeconomics - 4 </p>

<p>I'm currently taking AP English, AP BC Calc, AP Environmental Science, AP Government and Honors Latin</p>

<p>how did you end up with 4.4 weighted gpa ??? on a 5.0 scale?? how many extra points did you put for honors course?? (more or less , how do u calculate ur gpa , I really need to know ASAP).
to answer your question , your stats look good but they look just as good as everybody else applying for columbia... better send in a perfect essay...</p>

<p>Go48,</p>

<p>I go to a large public school in Chicago. Through six semesters 40 kids have never gotten a B. In addition they don't give you weighted credit for more than 3 honors of AP classes. We are on a 4.0 scale. I typically took 5 honors of AP classes every year and only got weighted credit for 3 of them. So you see that a kid taking a non weighted class can have an advantage in class rank. Too bad I didn't think about that when I was a freshmen.</p>