My chances at getting into Upenn?

<p>SAT I - Math:800 Writing: 800 Critical Reading:660 ( I only took it once)</p>

<p>SAT II - have not gotten them back yet</p>

<p>GPA- 3.83 weighted, 3.6 unweighted ( from a strong private school)</p>

<p>Extracurriculars: Student body president, speech and debate, outdoors club, fishing club.</p>

<p>Awards: Junior speech contest winner</p>

<p>Athletics: Varsity Rugby</p>

<p>SORRY man.</p>

<p>ill try to be a little more objective than that.</p>

<p>The thing is that your EC's are not that outstanding. And even though Class President is a good thing, colleges know that it is not as big and is this all four years, or just one year?</p>

<p>And the thing about the awards is that the kids that wanna apply here are nationally ranked at debate or DECA or something along those lines.</p>

<p>Yeah Sorry. I had a 35 ACT, Legacy, and next level down track recruit (UPENN coach argues, but doesn't give you a slot) and still didn't get in ED</p>

<p>The 660CR, from a good private school, will make it tough. I would retake the SAT.</p>

<p>Even if the CR score improves, I think the GPA is on the low side. That being said, I would apply. You've got nothing to lose.</p>

<p>Actually, at many top privte schools no one gets a 4.0 and a 3.8 is top of class, so it would depend on rank at this specific school.</p>

<p>^ Except that 3.8 is weighted and the UW is a 3.6. I would expect the weighted to be higher at a prestigious prep.</p>

<p>Sorry man, but I don't see you standing much of a chance.</p>

<p>GPA is a bit worse than it should be but you had amazing SATs, I think you got a great chance!</p>