<p>I'm applying to Thomas Jefferson High School of Science and Tech this June.</p>
<p>PSAT 2006: 159
PSAT 2007: 193
SAT March 2008: 2020 (V+M: 1380)
SAT May 2008: 2100 (V+M: 1340)</p>
<p>I'll send all my scores so they can see I'm dedicated and willing to work my butt off (I hope improvement counts should I send all my scores or not?)</p>
1. FBLA - Won 3rd place Regionals.
2. Forensics - Made it to states. Won 2nd place Regionals.
3. Poetry contest - Getting published in the NJ society of poets this summer.
4. National Spelling Bee in 8th grade.
5. Officially Certified by Microsoft as a Word Specialist.
6. Emceed for school celebrations 3 times.
7. School public (friendly) debate - 'Is English A Status Symbol?'
8. Played the keyboard at school assemblies.
9. Taking care of a heart patient (for free) - she suffered from 2 heart attacks, tuberculosis, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure. She's still going strong and I take care of her meds, check her sugar level, blood pressure regularly. She experienced a stroke (in 2006) when I was with her, and I diagnosed it and got her to the hospital in time. </p>
<p>Now the really crushing question: TJHSST only accept 1 to 2 juniors every year. What is the average SAT score for admission?
Do you think I have any chance?</p>
<p>Note: I'm currently a SOPHOMORE. Applying for a JUNIOR.
Just thought I'd make that clear.
(I plan to take at least 4/5 APs next year, so I'm ready to cope with TJ's intense academic program.)</p>
<p>Thanks for going through this! :)</p>