My Chances of Acceptance

<p>I am a Junior in high school, and currently have a 3.21 GPA (it hasn't been updated since last year, and I am shooting to get it up to hopefully a 3.6 by June.) </p>

<p>Anyways, with a 3.21, 1580 (1090/1600) on the SATS, 25 on the ACTs, what are my chances of admittance, just grade wise. I do have a few extra curricular under my belt, and some summer activities. I also plan on doing the Naval ROTC.</p>

<p>If I get my GPA p to a 3.5 or 3.6 and get my SATs up to >1800, by how much will my chances increase?</p>

<p>It sounds like a reach for you to get into University Park, but if you can bring up your GPA and SAT score to where you said, you can probably get in on main campus.</p>

<p>Thanks, I am gonna do whatever I can do bring everything up. My school has this thing called Naviance (maybe you've heard of it) but it compares me to ther students from my school that got accepted to PSU UPark, and it shows me above some of the students that got in, which does give me some re-assurance, but I won't hold that as a reason to stop trying and give up.</p>

<p>Thanks for the quick reply</p>

<p>Here is a link o the bubble chart. </p>

<p><a href="http://admissions.psu.edu/info/counselors/bubble_chart06.pdf%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://admissions.psu.edu/info/counselors/bubble_chart06.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Thanks slipjig, but that is from Fall '08 for entering students, so it is kind of outdated. It did kind of give me a little reality check though, so hopefully I can get my GPA up and SATs up.</p>

<p>Also, will my classes senior affect my admission?
Hnrs Pre-Calc
AP Stat
AP Psych
Marine Bio/Zoology
Gym/Health
Architecture
Acad. English IV</p>

<p>One observation about the PSU bubble chart: Even if you can get into the yellow area your chances are very good.</p>

<p>Cooper1234- Your GPA really must be higher by this summer and you need to focus on doing well on the SATs to counter-balance the GPA. This is important because of Penn State's rolling admission policy. The early you apply the better your chances, provided you've gotten your GPA up before the beginning of senior year, since that is the data that will be sent to most colleges. Hopefully, you have decent extracurriculm, leadership and volunteer to help boost your score. </p>

<p>Admissions at many schools have become more competitive the last couple of years, so you cannot base your likely admission on old admission data. I would look at some of the College Confidential threads on acceptances for this year's senior to get a real perspective on the admissions process.</p>

<p>its interesting, because my gpa is a 3.19 and I got a 1980 on my SAT's and I was accepted to University Park campus. I guess it came down to my extracurriculars (Eagle Scout, track captain). Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>Admittance also depends on the college you apply to. You need better scores and GPA to get into Smeal or engineering than the other colleges.</p>

<p>Yeah, the clubd and stuff has been a real problem. I only did 2, one of which I did freshmen year and only got one notice about which involved a $3k trip to China. The other I did freshmen/sophomore year, but I didn't get any more memos/announcements about meetings. It turns out there was about 5 that I was never informed of.</p>

<p>I am going to do some community service this summer, and I have done some volunteer work under my belt. </p>

<p>Another question, if I don't get into UPark, can I still do the ROTC, or is that only for UPark students?</p>

<p>^^^
Naval ROTC is only offered at PSU UP. However, you can join as a sophomore. So if you transfer to the main campus after your freshman year you still can join. You might want to call the NROTC unit at PSU for exact details.</p>

<p>Aglages: Thanks, I am thinking about giving them a call soon, because I need to ask if the officer training program includes the Navy Seals.</p>

<p>Honostly, high SAT and apply early.</p>

<p>you'll be just fine...don't worry about all these people. Just keep doing what you are doing. I got into Smeal with a 24 on my ACT.</p>