My chances?

<p>ACT: 33. 34 Superscored (34 English, 33 Math, 34 Reading, 33 Science, 8 Essay)
SAT: 2070. Same score superscored (First time on the SAT I scored an 1850 in junior year. This was taken a year before my 2070. Improved 220 points. Increased in every section except math, which stayed the same)
SAT II: 800 Math II, 760 Chemistry
UC (weighted) GPA: 4.45
Cumulative District GPA: 4.29 (Straight A's, except 1 B in sophomore year for both semesters).
10 APs by the time I graduate</p>

<p>Took 4 community college classes with a community college GPA of 4.0. Two of these classes took place after-school in the Fall and Spring semesters of Junior year. The other two took place during the Summer. 14 college credits.</p>

<p>ECs/Volunteer/Awards:
- Varsity Cross Country (11th, 12th)
- Varsity Track and Field 800-m and 1-mile events (11th, 12th)
- ASB Relations Coordinator (12th). Manages inter-council relations between all ASB government committees. Oversees committee paperwork, organizes ASB events, designs ASB apparel, ID's, etc.
- ASB Co-Chancellor of Community Beautification (11th). Chosen by interview. I manage community beautification days, organize days, gather chaperons, oversee volunteers, etc.
- Students Run LA (11th, 12th). This group is focused on marathon-training. Practices are held 2-3 times a week and on some weekends. Completed the LA Marathon in 2011 and running it again in 2012.
- Volunteers at Elderly Care center for 3 years (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th). Volunteer of the year for two years.
- Volunteers at local elementary school through LA's Best Organization for three years (10th, 11th, 12th). Tutored elementary school students in math and reading. Helped them with their homework and supervised at after-school events.
- College Math Placement Exam Personal Tutor (11th, 12th). I tutored Algebra and Geometry for the College Math Placement exam.
- ASB Committee of Assemblies and ASB Committee of Recognition (11th, 12th). Chose distinguished students and staff for awards, organized School House of Reps. meetings
- Class Steering Committee (9th, 10th, 11th, 12th). This committee is centered around organizing events and fundraisers for the class.
- Questbridge Finalist: Chosen as a finalist for the QuestBridge National College Match program.
- California Scholarship Federation: Qualified to be in California Scholarship Federation for three consecutive years.
- AP Scholar with Honor
- Principal's Honors List: Recognized by principal for academic achievement.
- CIF Scholar-Athlete Award: Granted to students who show outstanding achievement in both schoolwork and a varsity sport.</p>

<p>My prompt 1 for the UC app was the same as my common app essay. It was not generic, and personally I believe its a good essay. In it, I elaborated on how overcoming my family problems have inspired me to put more effort into school/ECs/volunteering (I won't get too into this). I think it may be my hook. I've shown it so some peers and they also think it's good. My common app EC essay was not generic and good too and it elaborated on my passion for running; I took a unique approach on it. The academic interests essay was also well-written, I believe.</p>

<p>Schools I'm applying to:
UC Davis
UC Santa Barbara
UC San Diego
UCLA
UC Berkeley
USC
Duke (Superscores ACT)
UPenn
Cornell (Superscores ACT)
Columbia
Brown
Dartmouth
Johns Hopkins
Northwestern
Harvard (did not send SAT)</p>

<p>Please tell me which ones would be low reach/mid reach/high reach. I'd like to know which colleges you think I'd get into. The opinions of my fellow CCers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!</p>

<p>Bump, any feedback would be great</p>

<p>what major did you apply as to your colleges? For UC's are you instate? I'd say you have a really good chance at all of them</p>

<p>Yes for UCs I am in-state. Thanks for the response. What do you think about the privates?</p>

<p>I put an undecided major for the UCs and a biology-related major for the privates</p>

<p>I think you have a good shot. Strong GPA, strong extra curriculars, strong ACT. What major did you apply as to UCs?</p>

<p>Also- it would be nice if you could help me out. I applied as an econ major under college of L&S to UC's.
<a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/1271726-chance-ucla-hopeful.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/university-california-los-angeles/1271726-chance-ucla-hopeful.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Ohh I see. Did you apply as an engineering or Letters and Science undecided? Regardless, i think you're pretty much accepted to the UC's</p>

<p>Seriously, I think you have a great shot. Your application looks like a typical Duke students, which is fantastic. I'd be sorely surprised if you didn't get in to all the IC schools, though Berkeley is a reach for almost anyone, even instate. Duke is a reach, but you have a great shot, compared to the rest! Same with Cornell and the other top tier. Harvard would definitely be a high reach, but its a high reach for everyone. Good luck!!!</p>

<p>@Lexapro I applied as Letters and Science undecided for the UCs.
@julie thanks for the input :)</p>