My chances?

<p>My stats first-</p>

<p>Public school
GPA: 3.82ish?
SAT: 1920
SAT Math: 720
SAT Verbal: 570
SAT Writing: 640 (I got a 10/12 on the essay)
(Verbal is like my biggest weakness...)
ACT: 31
(English 34, Math 30, Reading 31, Science 30)</p>

<p>I'm taking SAT subject tests Math 2, Chemistry, and U.S. History next month.</p>

<p>Courses:
AP Composition 12
Anatomy & Physiology
AP U.S. History
AP Biology
Physics
AP Calc BC
Other APs:
Govt AP (junior year)
Activites/Experiences:
Youth in Government, 2 years
Keyclub (volunteer), 3 years
Youth Group bulletin editor, 3 years
Soccer, 2 years (I quit after I found out I had a heart defect)</p>

<p>I was captain of the soccer team my freshman year.
I went to Mexico on a missions/volunteer trip summer before my junior year.
I work as a hostess at a restaurant since January 2006.</p>

<p>I have more activites and stuff, but I heard you should only choose a few, like 4 or 5.</p>

<p>do you live in houston</p>

<p>I come from Michigan...which I heard is good because not a lot of people apply from there?</p>

<p>Oh hey! haha where in Mich? I used to live there!</p>

<p>haha that does increase your chances cuz Rice <3s Georgraphic Diversity</p>

<p>I haven't heard of that four or five activity thingbefore......where did you hear that?</p>

<p>I'm sure you'll be okay.....it doesn't hurt to apply</p>

<p>I have to ask: One time I got a c in a math class( the rest are A's) will that harm my chances? ( All the rest of my grades are A's and B's -mostly A's)</p>

<p>what are you applying as (major)?</p>

<p>colleges only see your semester averages, is that C your semester average for the math class or just one of the 6-weeks (at my hs, they divided the whole school year into 6 six weeks, 3 six weeks per semester) averages? </p>

<p>As for the question whether if Rice if Hot or not.
Weather wise, yes. Humid and HOT.
If you live in Houston (like I do, I live just a few minutes away from rice) then you'll know what I'm talking about. Weather in houston isn't all that great. It get's really hot, really humid, and rains a lot. </p>

<p>other than that, you'll probably enjoy houston. (:</p>

<p>Sad to say, but that wa my semester average. I know (shame). i hope to aplly to the shepherd school</p>

<p>The opinion of my friends in the Shepherd School: As long as you have a decent SAT and GPA, the only thing that matters is the audition. I can't verify the truth of that statement, but it seems reasonable.</p>