My dad works for the church w/o a salary so how do I pay for college?

<p>My dad (single parent family) works for the catholic church in our area. The diocese in pennsylvania pays for our apartment, gas, bills and everything. he gets a stipend every week for food but thats it. He doesn’t make a salary. Sooo, how am I supposed to go to college??? Will the docese in pennsylvania pay me to go to college?</p>

<p>Are you Catholic? If so, you may want to look into some of the Catholic colleges in PA…there are a number of them. Perhaps they have some kind of scholarship for students in your position. I am surprised that your dad doesn’t receive some kind of statement for his compensation. Even bartered services are supposed to be taxed. Perhaps this comes from the church’s non-tax status…I don’t know. How do you pay for food and clothing, and any other expenses (e.g. entertainment, gifts for family and friends, public transportation, greeting cards and stamps…you kwim?). The diocese probably doesn’t have the funds to fully pay for a college education, but it doesn’t hurt to ask.</p>

<p>unless you’re living in a penthouse or eating sushi, your efc will be
zero, although you may have some explaining to do. But for the
governments purposes your Dad isn’t employed. Look for a school
that offers 100% need based aid, you’ll probably end up with loans
and some summer and school employment. Of course, if your dad
moves to a new position - everything will change.</p>

<p>Try looking into Christian colleges</p>