my diagnosis of advanced cancer: how to help my kids

<p>Sailingwest-</p>

<p>Another mom here with tears in my eyes. I rarely post but have followed your mom’s story, as I battled my own cancer. She never failed to inspire me with her strength, love, and determination, all wrapped up in an amazing intellect and wicked sense of humor. We all fell in love with your mom. Her biggest joy in life was you and your family. The fact that she will live on in all of you gives me great comfort. Her spirit will live on in all of you and also in all of us that she never met, but she touched. That is an amazing legacy. She wanted above all else for you to be happy, and it is my hope for you as well. Know that you made her so very proud and happy. Peace, dear Sunrise.</p>

<p>I am in for the vigil.</p>

<p>Sailing West–((((Hugs)))) to you, your dad, your brother, and of course, your mom as she travels through these last days. I also worried when we heard little from her these last weeks that her journey had changed from one of “beating the odds” to one of traveling to the mystery of the “beyond” and the divine. Which may be a better journey for her, but so difficult for all left behind. Know that she touched us all here, as others have said. Please feel free to post if we can in any way provide support, cyber hugs, or any comfort to you and your family. Your mom has inspired many, and she is so very proud of her kids and her husband. Love to all of you from across the country in the SF Bay area</p>

<p>I am in, too. </p>

<p>Thinking of Sunrise, Sailingwest, DH, and S2. I hold you in my thoughts and prayers.</p>

<p>i am in for the vigil also.</p>

<p>I’m in for the vigil.</p>

<p>I’m in for the vigil. I would like to thing about sun rising over the cherry blossoms.</p>

<p>Great idea for a vigil.</p>

<p>sunriseeast, I have followed your story from the beginning. I will never forget you and you and your family will always be in my prayers.</p>

<p>Thank you for initiating the vigil, tango.</p>

<p>SailingWest, you are generous to update us when I am sure other things are on your mind. We see your mother so clearly in your generosity. She lives on in you and in that sense will always be with you.</p>

<p>Have you read her many posts about how proud she is of you and your brother?</p>

<p>Like many, I am crying right now. I am selfishly sorry to lose her posts and her wisdom. I can only begin to imagine what you and your family are going through. What a remarkable, inspirational woman your mother is. All of us are the richer for having known her. And I do feel we have known her - at least somewhat - as she was so generous in opening her heart to us.</p>

<p>Thank you, Sunrise. Perhaps we will meet someday, face to face, on the other side.</p>

<p>Sailingwest, thank you so much for taking the time to bring us this very sad news. I know what it’s like to lose one’s mother at such a young age, and I’m very sorry. As Jewish people say, may her memory be a blessing. I’m sure it will be, for all of us, and everyone else, who were touched by her. My very best to you and your brother and your father.</p>

<p>I am sorry to hear about your mother Sailingwest. My condolences to you and your family. Our thoughts are with all of you and I pray that she may be at peace beside the Heavenly Father. May strength be with you and your family in this time of sorrow.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your incredible support, and for accompanying my mom along her journey. It’s truly moving. I’ll join the vigil tomorrow, and I’ve invited some of my friends to participate and get to know sunrise better through her writings. I’ll also pass the message along to her IRL friends.</p>

<p>Bless you, sailingwest. We’re all with you in spirit, and I’m sure you’re surrounded by love.</p>

<p>This news hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. All of us could related to Sunrise through her writing because we could feel her love for her sons and husband. Her posts were a lot more than her battle with cancer, it was her love of life which came through loud and clear for me. She has touched so many people on CC. I am not one for words, so many people have said it so much better than I could. I want to wish Sunrise a peaceful journey.</p>

<p>So hard to read this thread and to start the day with a heavy heart. Your mom’s writing was a source of incredible inspiration for all of us. She loves her family, and that is a gift that will remain forever, sailingwest.</p>

<p>Very sad here too! Even though I didn’t post here I followed sunrise’s journey here. I lost my dad almost exactly a year ago and feel for the family. </p>

<p>Wishing the best for the family.</p>

<p>Sailingwest, thank you so much for letting this community share in what is going on with your dear and exceptional mother. </p>

<p>My thoughts will be with you all. I have only posted on this thread once or twice but have been a lurker and am inspired by all of you. Just now I made a copy of the full letter written by your father that is shared on page 93 of this thread. (Thank you suzy100 for reminding us of that.) I plan to share it with others (including my engaged daughter) as an example of what a good marriage can be.</p>

<p>You will never know the full extent to which your mother and father and entire family have affected many whom you will never meet, many who have never posted here. But you have all had an impressive impact.</p>

<p>You and your brother have been blessed to have had such a mother, and she was blessed by you. It is clear that you have a very special father and I am confident that your mother will forever remain a part of all of you.</p>

<p>She will continue to serve as an inspiration for those of us going through illness, inspiration as a patient continually involved in her own care, and as a loving and loved wife, and mother. The respect she had for her husband and her sons, and the consideration they all have for each other, showed throughout her posts these last two years. She will not be forgotten here, or IRL.</p>

<p>I might suggest that someone (maybe the person who suggested it? I don’t want to make the decision to post it) might make a separate thread regarding the vigil tonight so that folks will see it throughout the day today and have the honor of participating. </p>

<p>Peace to all today.</p>