<p>Peace to you, Sunrise. Peace to your family.</p>
<p>Sorry to hear this. My dear friend who was also being treated at MSKCC passed away 10 days ago and his funeral was last week. </p>
<p>May your memories give you strength in this difficult time.</p>
<p>Great idea, abasket. Tango14 is the person who suggested the vigil. </p>
<p>I’ll be there. I’m so glad that you and sunrise’s other loved ones will be joining us, sailingwest.</p>
<p>sailingwest, thank you for sharing the news with us. Your mom touched us all very deeply. I hope your happy memories comfort you during this difficult time. </p>
<p>I’ll join the vigil.</p>
<p>“see” you all at 10:00.</p>
<p>It will be an honor to share in the collective vigil for this remarkable woman and her family. You all have touched many and we hold all of you closely in our hearts. </p>
<p>10pm. I’ll be here.</p>
<p>I should have thought of making a separate thread yesterday, but the idea just came to me. I have just posted a separate thread inviting all those who have been touched by Sunrise to join us. Let’s do the “vigil” posts in that thread, so they are all in one place. </p>
<p>I am glad I thought of it, knowing that sailingwest and Sunrise’s IRL friends may join us.</p>
<p>SailingWest,</p>
<p>My mother in law battled ovarian cancer 15 years ago, when the internet was just gaining ground. She and her husband, my father in law, had lived a life that allowed them them to have friends in many corners of the world. A website was set up for her friends and family to be updated on her progress and to communicate with her. She fought for 15 months before crossing to the next world, surrounded by both her family and by the thoughts and prayers of the many friends around the world who were able to know moment by moment what was happening. It was beautiful knowing they were with us, wherever they were, sharing and loving. </p>
<p>The log ended up being printed and bound to be shared at her memorial service. I think this thread in which your mother shared her journey with strangers who came to know her intimately would likewise be something you may want to consider publishing, even just for yourselves. Your mother was a remarkable person and her ability to share touched us all.</p>
<p>If you reach a point where you have the interest or emotional wherewithal to read it, let me know and I will PM you a link to my mother in law’s web log.</p>
<p>Sailingwest, if you check this thread again and have a chance, could you please post if there is anyplace where your mom would like to have donations made in her honor? I was thinking the American Cancer Society, but knowing the diligent researcher that she is, I wonder if she had identified some other organization in particular that might help move cancer research and treatment forward besides that one. I was also thinking that knowing her real name might be useful for the donation process, but then it occurred to me that there is something powerful in a lot of donations in honor of “sunriseeast”. Wishing you and your family peace.</p>
<p>Sailingwest, I send you my hope for peace and comfort for you and your family. Your mother is a source of wisdom and inspiration to all of us. I feel blessed to have “known” her.</p>
<p>This thread is probably one of the most inspirational things I have read. I found it just going thru posts a while back when i first joined CC and since my own mom lost her 7 year battle with lung cancer 9 years ago this month, it brought back lots of feelings and memories. This is my first time posting here, but Sunrise is truly a remarkable person. </p>
<p>Godspeed and blessings to her wonderful brave family. I will be there for the vigil. I’m sitting here in my office trying not to cry, but I can’t. </p>
<p>–Mom the Chauffer NY</p>
<p>Sailingwest - holding you and your family in my heart. I am very, very sad to know about your mother’s condition. She is such a strong woman, and I admire her courage, grace, wisdom towards life, especially her love towards you all in the family. She is loved too, by all.</p>
<p>I only found this thread a few days ago. The title of it caught my attention. Finally completed reading SunriseEast’s posts last night. I haven’t slept at all. She took my breath away. I lost my father to pancreatic cancer not too long ago. Chemo, remission, ER visits, pallative care, hospice…
I am so previledged to have known Sunrise thru cc. I wish her peace.</p>
<p>intparent- I was thinking the same. I have MSKCC donation page open on another browser. I think that is were sunriseeast received treatment. She spoke very highly of Dr S.</p>
<p>Sailingwest…As I am sure it was for you and your dad, this is absolutely the hardest post I have ever written. Your mother’s love for her family has always come through loud and clear and she will always be an inspiration to me. I am so deeply sorry but I know she will live on in the hearts of all who are on this thread as well as in your family’s. Continue to always make her proud.</p>
<p>Sailingwest - I am so very sorry to hear the latest news. </p>
<p>As everyone here has already stated so eloquently, your mother was and will continue to be an inspiration to many. Her strength, bravery, elegance and even humor in the face of adversity is unique and special. Her love for her family was evident in every post. May her beautiful spirit live on with you, your brother and your Dad.</p>
<p>Peace to all</p>
<p>intparent and Sally22, I was thinking along the same lines and had thought about MSKC and Dr. S. I would love to contribut in sunrise’s honor, using her screen name which is so meaningful to us here and I would like to be acknowledged to her family using only my screen name so that there would be no need on their part to acknowledge donations during a difficult time. Would love to hear the family’s thoughts on this at a time they feel is appropriate.</p>
<p>I have never been able to put words to this thread. Too painful, and I had just lost a good friend (to this disease) the year before this thread started and she had a lovely senior D who was so excited about starting college in the fall so such a painful couple of years…but I read along with all of you. I dreaded the day I would see these (types of) posts.</p>
<p>Sailingwest, Thank you for taking the time to update. Your mother has been an incredible inspiration for many of us. I feel so blessed that she shared her journey with us. I plan to print out this thread to reread it. So many wonderful nuggets of wisdom and humor.</p>
<p>God bless you.</p>
<p>Sunriseeast spoke of having a gathering of her CC friends. I will be at her gathering tonight to wish her Godspeed on her journey. May she find peace.</p>