<p>May her memory be for a blessing.</p>
<p>I am adding my prayers to the mix. May God bless sunriseeast and her loving family.</p>
<p>I discovered this wonderful community nearly 10 years ago when first looking at prep schools for dd2. I have learned so much and gained so much over the years. In retrospect I think the thing I will always remember is the honor we all have had in experiencing the gifts of courage, strength, and inspiration first with LTS and now with Sunrise.
I too will join with you all tonight to wish her continued peace.</p>
<p>I will be here tonight. Praying for a peaceful journey for Sunrise, comfort for her family and a supportive school environment for her sons.</p>
<p>Your mom taught us all a great deal, Sailingwest, through her articulate and insightful descriptions of her experiences during her illness. </p>
<p>But she didn’t come here just to talk with us. She came looking for advice on how to help you and your brother through what she knew would be a challenging situation. Remember the title of this thread. The two of you were her priority.</p>
<p>I too have read this thread over the past two years and have rarely posted…I was incredibly moved by sunrise’s posts; by the eloquent, bittersweet tone…Never felt anything I could write would hold a candle to her…</p>
<p>She spoke from all of our hearts; as parents, spouses, friends…with tears in my eyes, I will quietly say the Jewish prayer for the deceased…may her memory guide you through the days of your life…</p>
<p>As many of you, I lost a parent at a very young age…what a gift to sailingwest and his brother to have a record of his mom’s feelings, hopes and dreams…</p>
<p>sailingwest: please let us know the best way to pay tribute to you mother…</p>
<p>To Sailingwest and Sunrise’s family</p>
<p>We are all blessed to have “known” Sunrise. What a remarkable woman she is and I am sure all of us would have loved to have met her IRL. She has touched so many of us in this community. Although I don’t post, I have followed this thread since the beginning and I have grown to admire a woman that lived her life fully and loved with all her heart and soul.</p>
<p>My prayers are with you and your family. Peace Sunrise.</p>
<p>I am the husband of sunriseeast. </p>
<p>H shared with me her thoughts, and reported to me regularly about the response that she was getting from you all. However, she asked me not to go there myself, and I respected her wish. Until now. Today I told her that I’m going to go online and join the conversation. </p>
<p>I will also join the vigil, sitting by her side.</p>
<p>coldad, it is hard to describe the impact your wife has had on people here. I have never seen someone with such grace and dignity. A truly remarkable person. Unfortunately, I am not as eloquent as her (or as some of the others who will write shortly).</p>
<p>If you are still on, several people have asked about a charity to donate to in her honor - perhaps Sloan Kettering? She has always spoken so highly of Sloan Kettering and her “Dr. S”.</p>
<p>How is she doing?</p>
<p>another poster started and if you would like to light a virtual candle for Sunrise, go to this link:
[Group</a> <em>SR</em> Candles - Light A Candle](<a href=“Light a Candle - Grateful Living Practice - Grateful.org”>Light a Candle - Grateful Living Practice - Grateful.org)</p>
<p>group under the initials SR for Sunriseeast</p>
<p>I hope that we can honor her by lighting these candles either virtually or IRL.</p>
<p>Welcome coldad, and thank you for your generosity of spirit, to share with us in this time of transition.
May your family receive comfort in abundance to guide you through your grief.</p>
<p>Thank you for joining us coldad. Sunrise has touched us all. My life is enriched from knowing her through her CC thread. I’m glad she knows we are all here for her. I hope you can feel our comfort and find strength in it.</p>
<p>I will be there at 10, in the Shenandoah Valley. Isn’t it amazing how many of your fellow parents were drawn to your wife? She clearly is someone with great character and depth, and you two shared all of life’s challenges together. I recall a few weeks ago, when she very humbly posted the happiness she felt when one of your son’s had good news re his next berth, and how proud she was of his seeing the process through on his own steam until he was given an offer. We were all so pleased for your son! As parents, we share in how rewarding it is when you know your son or daughter is finding their own way in this wide world.<br>
Will join you and sunriseeast’s online friends this evening. Bless you, our friend.</p>
<p>Coldad, of course your wife has been in our thoughts and prayers. But you are definitely there as well. Please know we will be lifting you and all your precious family up tonight…</p>
<p>Thank you so much for adding your voice here.</p>
<p>Coldad: Prayers to your whole family!! I sat with my dad this past July holding his hand as he passed from cancer. I know how hard it is, and will be thinking of you and your sons during this difficult time.</p>
<p>19 candles for sunriseeast so far</p>
<p><a href=“Light a Candle - Grateful Living Practice - Grateful.org”>Light a Candle - Grateful Living Practice - Grateful.org;
<p>Coldad, I’d there’s one thing sunrise taught me, it was courage. Now, when I am faced with challenges, especially health related, I think of sunrise and how she faced adversity head on. Thank you for sharing such a private time with us. We are so honored to be here.</p>
<p>Thank you to the poster who started the virtual candles and provided the link. It was a beautiful way to sit quietly and reflect.</p>
<p>coldad,
We are here for whatever comfort and strength we can offer. Your wonderful spouse is an inspiration to us all.</p>
<p>That was the most worthwhile read I’ve had in a long time.</p>
<p>Rest in peace.
Good luck to the father.</p>
<p>Makes me think about my parents…</p>
<p>Coldad and sailing west - Thank you both for posting. Sunriseast and your family has been in my thoughts and prayers for some time and will continue to be.</p>