I have been able to attend three college visits last semester as a Freshman. I toured northeast community college, USD, and Concordia university. Out of these tours, Concordia is the college that has caught my eye as a great fit for me. Being a smaller community, everyone on my tour was able to name other students by name and seemed to all know one another. The opportunity for growth is there for me. I see it and I’m ready to the work to reach it.
I want to pursue a degree in marine biology which would most likely end with me moving from the Midwest to a coast. I am hoping to tour the university of Florida once I am a senior. I have my eyes open for the perfect college for me and have a few years to figure that out. I wasn’t to be as prepared as possible me for when I apply to college.
If I could pick any college, I would choose the University of Michigan. I was actually accepted into their nursing program, which makes it an even better fit for me since I hope to pursue a career as a Pediatric Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner in the future. I like that it’s close to home, academically strong, and offers lots of hands-on clinical opportunities that would help me reach my career goals.
At this stage I think I would pick MICA because of the interdisciplinary approach to their programs which will allow me the freedom to explore and incorporate different art mediums when creating my own art. They also have awesome studio space for students!
If I could pick any college to attend I would pick Pace University. I would pick Pace because offers many programs to choose from. For me I’m interested in business and Pace’s business programs are known to be great. After graduating the school to focuses on students who are looking for jobs. Pace being located in New York City also brings you around different cultures, more options for internships, and career opportunities. This is why I would choose Pace University.
If I could pick any college to attend it would be Alabama State University. I could go on and on about the University’s amazing education but I want to attend specifically for their slogan “Where History is Made”. As a first generation American and first generation college student I aspire to make history and make necessary changes in spaces that need it. I want to major in political science so I can help reform the current immigration legal system and by going to an institution that promotes change I believe I can achieve that. I want to pour into a community that I have seen work so hard to better America but is often left voiceless.
If I could attend any college, I would choose the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) because of the community it represents. People from all over the world attend UCLA to achieve the level of prestiege education it has to offer. UCLA isn’t just prestigious to me, it has a community of people who truly understand and deeply value the meaning of curiosity and ambition. To be surrounded with people who genuinely long for knowledge and growth, is an opportunity waiting to be taken. Throughout high school, I’ve been surrounded by people whose eyes cannot veer from the clock as it ticks down to the end of the school day. I cannot help but imagine myself in a place where conversations linger after the lesson ends, where curiosity fills the silence of a ticking clock, where the final bell is not an escape but an interruption. (Did you get the Anaphora and Asyndeton there?). That’s why UCLA stands out to me. I want to be part of a community whose students give 120% to everything they care about, where ambition is shared, and working hard is understood, not judged. I hope to grow alongside people who crave more knowledge about the wonders of the world, determined to do great things.
If I had the choice of any college, Fullerton College would be my top pick.
To me, Fullerton College goes beyond just providing an education; it offers a genuine university experience within a supportive and close-knit community. The campus environment, diverse growth opportunities, and the genuine support from professors and staff who genuinely care about students’ success are all factors that draw me to Fullerton. I seek a place that challenges me academically while also fostering personal growth.
What truly sets Fullerton apart is its people. Throughout my life, I’ve had mentors, teachers, and role models who helped me realize my potential during challenging times. Their encouragement reminded me that my goals matter. I see that same spirit of guidance and support at Fullerton College, and I want to be a part of a community that lifts each other up.
I’m not just pursuing a career; I’m chasing a purpose. I want to use my education and passion to make a positive impact. I want to inspire young people in my community to believe in their dreams, no matter how big or small, and to overcome obstacles.
With this scholarship and your support, I can continue on this path, push forward, and hopefully inspire someone else along the way. Thank you for believing in students like me.
If I could pick any college to attend, I would attend Florida International University. The university is a very diverse school with many different cultures and people from other backgrounds you don’t see everyday. It is in the beautiful city of Miami and in my eyes it can never get better than that.
If I could pick any college to attend, I would attend Curry College. I love the campus and location, as well as the total atmosphere. The people are very nice and personable, and I feel like I would fit in and find a family at Curry. I am a nursing major, and Curry has a great nursing program with amazing clinical locations in Boston. I feel it is the perfect place for me to not only continue my education, but also excel for the next four years.
If I had the opportunity to pick any college to attend, my top choice would be New York University. Not only does it give me the opportunity to be in New York City, and attend an amazing school with students full of creativity and motivation as I am, but it is also located in the heart of New York where I not only get to be around new and different people, but I also got the opportunity to get out of my comfort zone constantly. New York University is also full of opportunities in my majoring field of nursing, providing me with top hospitals to work with and even top technology and professors around me at all times. As a first generation student I inspire to be the daughter my parents are proud of, and the older sister my little sisters look up to, and with the opportunity of possibly making it into New York University and getting help from scholarships I believe all will be possible!
If I could pick any college, I would attend Pennsylvania State University because of its beautiful campus and welcoming atmosphere. I also appreciate the university’s strong diversity, which allows students to connect with people from many different backgrounds.
We have fixed the bug so everyone who experienced issues submitting previously can now go in and finish the process. We apologize for any inconvenience!
I would go to the school I recently applied early decision to and was a accepted to, Swarthmore College. Not only is it an extremely rigorous liberal arts school, it provides an amazing community. When visiting and sitting in on classes, I observed an extremely motivating environment, full of people who were extremely passionate and excited about learning. Attending a school where people are genuinely curious and find joy in expanding their knowledge, rather than just completing assignments for a grade, is an extreme privilege. Additionally, the small class-sizes are a great benefit. The institution is also very accepting and diverse, most likely because of its Quaker roots. Lastly, its location is amazing compared to many liberal arts schools, as it is only a few minutes out of a major city (Philadelphia).
If i were to pick any college, I would attend Georgia Tech because of their strong tech programs. I’d be able to work with many tech companies in the area with a variety of opportunities such as jobs, internships, and experiences. Overall, it’s exactly the kind of place where i can turn my skills into something that actually matters in the etch industry.
If I could pick any college, I would choose to attend the Hertie School in Berlin. It has an incredible public policy program, which will teach me the skills I need to create the change I want to see in this world through policy-making. From an early interest in law in elementary school to volunteering at the polls in high school and later serving as president of my debate team, I have consistently sought ways to engage with political processes and public reasoning. These experiences shaped my interest in governance and my desire to understand how collective decisions of justice are made. Attending this school will advance my development as a globally-minded leader by providing the technical expertise to master equitable policy design. Furthermore, studying in Berlin will provide me with a more diverse perspective on governance; by stepping outside of the U.S. context, I can analyze the German and European approaches to governance and policymaking to broaden my understanding of how different systems achieve social progress.
If I had the opportunity to go to any college, it would be Vassar College. Vassar College is filled with history, the school of great alumni, and prioritizes inclusivity and collaboration. With students from all over the world, it seems like a great place to meet new people and expand my knowledge. Being a liberal arts school, they give students time to explore majors and students can decide after their sophomore year. This is great for me because I have many interests, I am having a difficulty choosing one major. I want the opportunity to be able to explore them through intensive learning and discussions before I choose. Maybe I’ll even double major! Aside from the great educational opportunities the school offers, I am also attracted to the environment. I’ve never been to New York, or even the East Coast, as someone from California, and I think college would be the best time to expose myself to a completely new environment.
I have chosen to apply to Texas Tech University because I am aware of their prestige in the medical fields and STEM related career paths. I have always had a passion for STEM, more specifically medial and engineering. I believe Texas Tech would be a great place to continue my pursuit of my STEM career aspirations. Another key factor I have considered is that Texas Tech has a rich tradition in academics and sports. I am interested in Kinesiology, sports medicine and physical therapy and I want to be part of all that Texas Tech has to offer in those fields. I would love to be a part of the Red Raider culture and community. I feel like both my love of education and sports would make me a great fit in the Red Raider nation. My intended major is Kinesiology and with this major I plan to help countless amounts of people to not only become physically stronger but mentally stronger, especially those who may not be able to help themselves. With my Kinesiology degree I plan to not only help athletes and people who come into my clinic but I want to travel to people homes to help those who may not be able to care or have the means to help themselves. I am from an area in Texas where not everyone has the money or even the means to travel to clinics like mine, because of this more often than not, people don’t try to help themselves and end up in a lot of pain and depression. This is often the case in many towns and places that are in poverty and this was even the case of my paternal grandmother who because of her arthritis could not move and often times was in a lot of pain. At the time she didn’t want any help and because of this it got worse and started to affect her health drastically. I now understand that if she had help at her home she might have been able to help herself get better and have less pain. Because she was unable to get the help she needed at home she became depressed and didn’t and couldn’t leave the house due to being in so much pain and said it wasn’t worth it. It was when she missed many birthdays and events with my family I was able to see the mental toll it took on her as well as on our family. With my kinesiology degree I would help as many people as I can to not only become stronger after their injury or trauma but help them mentally and get them back better than they were before. Mental health is a very important issue in the world that isn’t acknowledged as much as it should and if I can use my degree to help anyone who has these issues I would be a very happy and successful man. My true dream is to help athletes and teams but with this curriculum I am more than able to do that but also possibly help countless numbers of people in need which is something that I feel I owe the community who has given me back nothing but support and love for my dreams.
If I could pick any college, I would choose Johns Hopkins University. As a radiography student who is passionate about medical imaging and patient care, I’m drawn to its strong connection to Johns Hopkins Hospital and its leadership in healthcare innovation. Being immersed in an environment known for research, advanced imaging technology, and clinical excellence would push me to grow both academically and professionally. I would value the opportunity to learn from experts in radiology, collaborate with motivated peers, and potentially transition into advanced modalities like CT or MRI. Attending a university that blends rigorous academics with real-world clinical impact would align perfectly with my long-term goal of becoming a highly skilled and compassionate radiologic technologist.
As a child, I was drawn to Stanford University. Now, at the tail end of my engineering degree, I understand why. Stanford builds more than innovators–it builds people who apply what they know. I’ve seen this firsthand through Professor Andrew Huberman, who teaches neuroscience and human health to millions on YouTube for free. His accessible approach helped me develop tools for a growth mindset and excel in my toughest courses. He embodies a virtue I honor: responsibility. In academia, we constantly pursue knowledge and understanding—but what good is it if we don’t directly apply what we learn?
Many great projects, to name a few, Google, Cisco, Nike, and Instagram, have come from students and alumni of that university. It is the environment of great minds and a genuine sense of collaboration that attracts me to that university. Now preparing to apply to MBA schools, attending Stanford will be a great ROI as I want to continue consulting for small businesses and non-profits within the tech industry, and maybe eventually start my own business, practice, or research facility. I’ve gotten a taste of the entrepreneur life, competing in hack-a-thons and business competitions. So, in conjunction with my engineering degree, I want to be most suited for the mission ahead, and I believe Stanford is the best training ground for it.