'My Future, My Choice' $1,000 Scholarship: If You Could Pick Any College, Which Would You Pick and Why?

If I could attend any university I would attend Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts. I have already been accepted there to study Journalism and Political Science, and they are a great school for my major. Their ideal location in the Boston area is another reason why I would want to go there. I’m also excited about their co-op program, which would allow me to attain real, tangible work experience my junior year of college.

If I had the opportunity to go to any college, I would choose the University of South Carolina. USC offers a strong academic environment while also emphasizing leadership, service, and school spirit. What stands out most is how the university supports students both inside and outside the classroom, helping them grow into confident professionals.

The University of South Carolina also has excellent programs in health sciences and nursing, which connect directly to my future career goals. The hands-on learning opportunities, research options, and access to internships would prepare me for real-world healthcare settings. In addition, USC’s welcoming campus culture and strong sense of community make it a place where students feel supported and motivated to succeed.

Overall, USC combines academics, opportunity, and community in a way that makes it the college I would choose if I could go anywhere.

Hello! My name is Morgan, and my dream school is Spelman College, a prestigious all-women historically Black college in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia. Although I always knew that I would apply here, it wasn’t until attending the school’s Junior Day in February of 2025 that I truly fell in love with the institution. Spelman immediately felt like both home and a place I could see myself evolving at. The staff and students I met embraced me and I felt safe and supported immediately. I am excited about the unique course offerings the school has to offer, as it relates to my academic interests in political science and media studies. The internship opportunities Spelman students have access to are additionally unmatched. I am beyond excited about the opportunity I have to attend Spelman College!

If I could go to any college, I would pick UCLA because it has always been my dream school. In addition to it being located close to my home Southern California, but far enough to feel away from home, UCLA has great academic programs and a diverse student population. I fell in love with the campus when I visited and would love to be accepted so I can go to UCLA.

I would attend UCLA because the campus looks like how I envision a modern-day Hogwarts, is very academically oriented, and in a wonderful city. LA is full of opportunities for networking and strengthening community and UCLA has amazing programs in Journalism and English and is in my home city of California. I visited the campus and fell in love, as-well as my dad who forced me to stand and take photos in front of almost every building we walked by.

Since I was a child, I dreamed of going off and exploring the world. Admittedly, it is quite a weird dream to have when you have a gap between your front teeth, but it kept me motivated. Motivated to try my best at school, to show my mother my maturity, and to learn about everything around me. On this journey, I discovered what “college” was, and it became my dream: to go somewhere far away and completely surrender my being to the knowledge of the people who came before me. This is why, if I could go to any university, I would choose Manhattan University, since the community it is in is so far from mine and so different from what I have known.

If I had to choose one university to study at, I would choose Georgetown University in Washington, D.C. For me, Georgetown represents not only academic excellence but also a deep commitment to public service and global leadership. Its location in the heart of the U.S. capital creates unique opportunities to engage with politics, international relations, and diplomacy in real life, not only in textbooks.

I am especially attracted to Georgetown’s strong programs in government and international affairs. Studying there would allow me to learn from experienced professors and interact with motivated students from all over the world. Moreover, the Jesuit tradition of educating the whole person — intellectually, morally, and socially — aligns with my desire to grow not only as a student but also as a responsible global citizen.

Georgetown is more than a university; it is a community where I could challenge myself, expand my worldview, and prepare to make meaningful contributions to society.

I would choose the University of California system because it combines academic excellence with flexibility and opportunity. The UC campuses are known for strong programs across a wide range of disciplines, allowing students to pursue their interests while still having access to top-tier faculty and resources. This breadth makes it easier to tailor an education to long-term career goals.

Another major advantage is the emphasis on research and hands-on learning. Many UC campuses encourage undergraduate involvement in research, internships, and real-world projects, which helps students apply what they learn in the classroom to practical situations. These experiences are valuable for building skills, confidence, and a competitive résumé.

The diversity of the UC system is also a key reason for my choice. Learning alongside students from different backgrounds and perspectives fosters critical thinking, collaboration, and personal growth. Overall, the University of California provides a well-rounded educational experience that supports both academic and professional development.

If I could choose any college, I would choose Middle Tennessee State University because it combines opportunity, innovation, and community in a way that truly prepares students for success.

MTSU’s strong, hands-on programs especially in areas like Recording Industry, Aerospace, and Business show its commitment to real-world learning. Being close to Nashville also creates incredible networking and career opportunities that can turn passions into professions.

Most importantly, MTSU feels like a place where students are supported and challenged to grow. It’s not just about earning a degree it’s about building a future. That’s why MTSU would be my choice.

While thinking about all of the different colleges I could go to, like the University of Hawaii-Manoa or the University of Florida, I thought to myself: why would I want to go somewhere else other than the college that I’ve already committed to? The whole point of going to college is supposed to be finding a place that you love to further your education. I chose the University of South Dakota because i loved the prescience that I felt in campus. The way that I felt immediately welcomed and loved when I visited the campus truly made an impact on me. Although the school is small and in the middle of nowhere, I don’t think I would want to go anywhere else. USD truly has everything that I would want in a school; family, resources, and a place to call home while I’m away from my real home!

If I could attend any college it would be Georgia State University. Ive almost wrapped up my first year of college where not only i experienced what it was like to be in college but i also am a soccer player at collegiate level who plays D2. Currently i haven’t felt the same passion for the sport and thats due to numerous reasons and context but long story short I fell out of love for playing soccer It became a chore and not a focus. The fun of it was now seen as a drag, I lost sight of why I was playing and haven’t really enjoyed the environment and culture that college soccer brings. I’m not sure if thats just at my current school however i do know that i am not happy right now and a change of schools is what i deem as neccessary to pursue much more then soccer. Growing up I was so focused on completing this one task, get to the college level of soccer. I never enjoyed the process of getting there and now that i was there i felt stumped and confused on where to go now. It was something I never found passionate but just felt as something I needed to complete however now more than ever I understand the importance of finding something that truly is enjoyable to you in the long run. That is why i would love to attend Georgia State University its a bigger school that provides solitude and calmness that I can’t find a private school where the community is so close that it feels as though everyone can be all around me and in my own life. That’s not how i want to continue to live and put myself through anymore.

If I could pick any college to attend, I would pick the University of Oregon. It is located in a beautiful town that I would love to live in, and both the school and city cultures are wonderful. Going to this school has been my dream for several years, and I know going there will be the first step to attaining my educational, professional, and personal goals!

If I had the opportunity to attend college, I would choose the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. One of the main reasons is the strong sense of community. I love how supportive and welcoming the campus feels, and how students come together to support each other both academically and socially. Being part of a school with so much pride, tradition, and connection would make my college experience meaningful and motivating. I would be proud to be a part of such a united and spirited community.

I would choose the University of Nevada, Reno. As someone who lives in Nevada, the in-state tuition and scholarship opportunities make it a smart choice financially. I’ve grown up just 30 minutes from Reno, so it feels familiar while still giving me independence and room to grow. I plan to major in accounting, and UNR has a well funded business program and brand new College of Business building. Plus, the brick campus, historic feel, and Wolf Pack mascot make it a place I’m genuinely excited to call home.

I can feel the California breeze running through my hair as I stand facing a red sign inscribed with gold words: USC Keck School of Medicine.

If I could choose any college, I would attend University of Southern California, because USC has a plethora of graduate programs and specialized graduate certificate programs that align perfectly with my passions. For example, I would pursue my Masters of Public Health/Master of Science, Social Entrepreneurship and explore whether I could simultaneously complete the Global Health and Human Rights Graduate Certificate program. USC also prides itself on tackling challenges and encourages its students to serve underprivileged communities; As an immigrant, first generation college student from a low income family, their commitment to community service speaks volumes to me about the values of the USC “village.” I want to use my background in biology and my personal experience as an immigrant to help inform my future endeavors in the field of public health.

During doctors visits, I was often the designated “translator” between the healthcare professional and my parents. I have known firsthand the fear and avoidance within immigrant communities that deter them from seeking healthcare services. I am passionate about serving disadvantaged communities and making healthcare accessible to everyone. USC’s program missions are aligned with my values of service and advocacy. Furthermore, USC has established partnerships with many organizations that could help me with networking including the AAPCHO (Association of Asian Pacific Community Health Organizations).

Finally, USC is a nationally-renowned research institution and is home to the USC Institute on Inequalities in Global Health. Here, I could benefit from being immersed in global public health research that can make a difference in making healthcare more accessible to not only people in LA, but all across the globe. University of South California’s powerful presence in the world of academic research and its partnerships with community health organizations will provide invaluable networking opportunities for my future professional endeavors in public health and advocacy. The chance to join USC’s purpose-driven community would be unforgettable and the opportunity of a lifetime.

Your question may be hard for some to answer but for me it’s not. Dakota Wesleyan University is the university I would want to attend. Not only is it a small college centered around community, but it is also centered around faith. As a Christian I want my faith to reflect my choices. The college is strong when it comes to education and psychology amount other things. Both of these are majors I am interested in. I’ve visited DWU more times than I can count. Each time I try to convince myself that there are better, cheaper options but I always end up admiring the beautiful architecture, and grounds. There is a building in the shape of Noah’s Ark, waterfalls, and a beautiful library for studying. As someone who struggles to focus I could certainly benefit from the small class sizes and close relationships. The only thing holding me back is the cost of a private university. But I know that I’ll end up there!

If I could choose any college to go to, I would choose to go to Colorado State University. Ever since my family took our first trip to Colorado in 2021, it has felt like a second home to me. I’ve loved every moment I’ve spent there, and it’s been my dream to live there for years now. I have spent weeks in numerous Airbnbs across the state, spent hours hiking through the Rockies, and have watched many innings of baseball at Coors Field. Colorado has always felt like a second home to me, and I’ve always known that that’s the place I would end up one day. The business school at CSU is phenomenal, with high ranking programs that would help me to achieve my career goals of becoming a book publisher.

If I could go anywhere for college, with no stipulations, I would choose the Oregon Institute of Technology. This school has one of the best programs for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, which is my chosen career path. They have an extremely high pass rate on board exams. Although I couldn’t afford that type of tuition, I’m attending one that’s still great and affordable for me.

If I could choose any college to attend, I would choose Costal Carolina University. I just recently toured and absolutely loved it. It is near the beach and I have always wanted to go to a college near a beach and they have a good business program. I am also planning on trying out for there cheer team. I know Costal is known as a party school but every college you go to there is going to be parties. It is what you make it and if you want to succeed you have to put your mind to it. I know I will succeed because I have self discipline and can manage school while also having fun.

Walking through the hustle and bustle of the Main Green, I listen to students’ intellectual and respectful conversations. I see vibrant green all around me, in forms of trees and bushes, plants and grass. I smell tonight’s menu seeping out of the dining hall into the busy streets, lined with beautiful architecture. Making my way to the quiet green, I lay my blanket down, touching the soft grass and laying out my books and laptop, preparing for tomorrow’s presentation. This is the amazing day-to-day life I would be experiencing at Brown University. Brown is an Ivy League university, meaning it is often looked at for its mere academics, and while they have some of the best and most prestigious programs in the country, life at Brown itself is also a dream come true. To be given the opportunity to attend Brown University is like someone handing me the best present that could ever be given. I would get to spend my days in classes, increasing my knowledge of the law and criminal justice, while also attending some of the amazing programs and hands-on clinics. My nights would be spent in the Quiet Green or Main Green, conversing with new people and friends about our days and classes. I find it hard to picture myself going to many other universities since Brown is one of the very few that offer an exceptionally distinguished environment, academically and socially.