'My Future, My Choice' $1,000 Scholarship: If You Could Pick Any College, Which Would You Pick and Why?

I’d pick Molloy University because it genuinely feels like a place where you won’t get lost in the crowd and people actually care if you’re doing okay. I do way better when professors know you and you can build real relationships instead of sitting in massive lecture halls. Molloy also lines up with my goal of becoming a doctor, especially with the health-focused path and chances to get experience early. Overall it just feels like the right environment for me to grow, stay motivated, and keep doing the kind of work that helps people.

If I could pick any college, it would be the University of Kentucky. I have always loved the school and how diverse it is. It is a big school where you are able to fit in so easily. It would be an honor to go there to continue my education. It has so many opportunities and learning experiences for me to further my education.

If I could choose any college to attend, I would choose Point Park University. As someone heavily interested in Acting and Theatre, wanting to commit their life to performing, Point Park’s conservatory-style program for performing arts majors is my ideal choice for training and community. Their fast-track offerings for BFA students also wanting to dual major without dying under the workload also draw me in, because I want to be diverse later in life, able to fall back onto a business degree if I need to. Spending the next 4-5 years in my home city, Pittsburgh, surrounded by friends and family, being taught by professionals who want students to learn, succeed and be big, genuinely is my dream!

If I had the opportunity to attend college, I would choose to attend The University of Tennessee Knoxville because its both close to home and the atmosphere of the campus and greater town area is super inviting!

If I could attend any college, I would choose Duke University. Growing up and going to school in the Durham area, Duke has always been a place I looked up to. As a high-achieving student with big dreams, I’ve always been inspired by the opportunities it offers. Its world-class research facilities and strong focus on innovation and impact would give me the chance to explore my interests in science and pursue meaningful research.

Attending a private university has also been a personal dream of mine because I like the close-knit academic environment and the opportunity to build strong relationships with professors and peers (Duke also reminds me of Hogwarts). I believe Duke would challenge me to grow both academically and personally while giving me the resources to turn my goals into reality.

If I could choose any college to attend, I would pick Alcorn State University. Alcorn is in a small country town surrounded by warm welcoming people, its definitely its own little family. Alcorn has an amazing nursing program as well as various of other amazing majors. Alcorn has the best cultural experiences and make your visit feel like you at home. There is a long list of why I want to attend Alcorn but I am going to focus my answer on because it makes me feel like I am at home.