'My Future, My Choice' $1,000 Scholarship: If You Could Pick Any College, Which Would You Pick and Why?

Given any college to attend, I would choose the University of California, Santa Barbara, all over again! Since attending, I very quickly fell in love with the beach, the friendly culture, and passionate students and faculty here. UCSB has emphasized not just the importance of academics, but enthusiasm for your field, with the many research opportunities, amazing internship program, experienced faculty, and so, so many clubs here! I feel like I belong here, and will greatly benefit from the degree I will attain— I feel that not only will I just get the degree, but I will acquire the hands-on skills and experience I will need to achieve success as a Computer Scientist in the future, after I graduate!

If I had to choose any school, I would absolutely choose Drexel University because it offers everything I’m looking for in a college experience. While I could potentially select a school that some might consider more prestigious academically, Drexel is the perfect fit for me personally. The law bachelor’s degree program aligns exactly with my career goals, and the proximity to home means I can maintain important connections with my family and community without sacrificing independence. Having the opportunity to bunk with my best friend would make the transition to college life so much smoother and more enjoyable. Beyond these personal factors, Drexel’s co-op program stands out as an incredible opportunity to gain real-world experience and build a network before graduation, something that will be invaluable as I launch my career. And being located in University City puts me right in the heart of Philadelphia. For me, the combination of academic programs, practical experience, location, and personal connections makes Drexel not just a good choice, but the best one.

Anderson University is the perfect opportunity for me to continue my steadfast faith, passion for learning new skill sets (especially regarding artistry in all aspects), and to step into the community to be a leader that showcases intentionality and sympathy as a small business owner who is dedicated to embracing the light in the darkness that we call life. I initially felt reluctant to consider AU because I have always had the desire to strive for more; only now I do not strive for belonging or reward, but I strive to share the light that Jesus awoke inside of me. I realized quickly that despite Anderson being a small town in South Carolina, this choice doesn’t limit my horizons, but instead it expands my horizons in Christianity and the reach that my paintings and talents have on the community. I want to go to Anderson University because God has called me to bring light to my community, and I can trust that his plans outweigh my ambition and hesitance of the unknown.

Anderson University is the perfect opportunity for me to continue my steadfast faith, passion for learning new skill sets (especially regarding artistry in all aspects), and to step into the community to be a leader that showcases intentionality and sympathy as a small business owner who is dedicated to embracing the light in the darkness that we call life. I initially felt reluctant to consider AU because I have always had the desire to strive for more; only now I do not strive for belonging or reward, but I strive to share the light that Jesus awoke inside of me. I realized quickly that despite Anderson being a small town in South Carolina, this choice doesn’t limit my horizons, but instead it expands my horizons in Christianity and the reach that my paintings and talents have on the community. I want to go to Anderson University because God has called me to bring light to my community, and I can trust that his plans outweigh my ambition and hesitance of the unknown.

If I could pick any college I would choose the University of Virginia because of its excellence in all aspects. Many people around me go to UVA and a have a lot of good things to say about it. I like how its a college that is both prestigious but also fun. It has a healthy amount of rigor in classes and would help me continue on my oath to become a lawyer. The traditions of that campus also appeal to me like the annual snowball fight. The campus itself is beautiful, the Alumni are successful and the vibes of that school matches me.

If I could pick any college, it would be Chadron State College, because it is close to home and I just really like the college.

If I had the opportunity to go to any college of my choice, I would choose Pomona College because I want to experience something different from home and exchange cultures with other people. Growing up in a small peaceful town, I would like to have a similar home in college. Small Town with a close-knit community, Pomona College definitely fulfills my wants in my a dream college of choosing because I got the chance to do a tour around the school. It was a comfortable campus that made me feel secure and the best thing about this college is that it made me feel like home, except for the distance from the ocean. I believe if I had the chance to go to Pomona College I would most definitely take the chance.

Yale University

If I could pick any college to attend, I would choose the University of Missouri in Columbia. This school has the spirit and education level that I foresee setting me up for success in my future. As a biology student on a pre-medical path pursuing dermatology, it’s of utmost importance for me to choose the right stepping stones in my journey and Mizzou is a perfect stepping stone for me. I am paying my way through school on my own and this scholarship would be significantly beneficial in helping me receive education to help others and succeed in the medical field. Thank you for your consideration.

Having the opportunity to go to any college of my choice, I would attend Auburn University. This is because I am majoring in computer science, and one of the most important things for me to do is to network while I’m there. Not only is Auburn’s school of engineering excellent and rigorous, but its connections to the tech industry are huge (Boeing, Microsoft, etc…) and many of the other engineers who attend the university are also looking to meet others and network as well as the institution prides itself on promoting a social campus life.

My choice to-go would definitely be Arizona State University. As a chooser of social science, linguistics, it is of significant matter for me to have an accessible and qualified degree which ASU generously provides. It is highly international university, enabling me to enrich and dive into multicultural society and broaden my understanding of the world and languages theirselves. ASU also offers Critical Language Institute with free or low-priced language courses (which is a gift without any further explanation). Another great criteria is practical part and research opportunities. I am a huge fan of essay writing, research papers and scientific literature which only makes the university more appealing. Thank you for your attention,

Nazerke.J

If I can pick any college, I would attend North Carolina A&T State University. This is because of the culture and great nursing program that they offer. It is my dream to go to an HBCU but I simply can not afford it, my cheapest option is my local PWI. I fell in love with NCAT’s campus and all the great things that I’ve seen and heard about it. So If I could attend any college I would definitely attend North Carolina A&T State University

When I’m searching for colleges, academics and opportunities are important, but my main priority is proximity to home. I want to be able to visit my family, especially my younger sister, fairly easily. This is why my dream college is the University of Georgia! It combines both academic excellence with a location that is only 4 hours of a drive away from my house! On top of that, the rich history of the beautiful campus and the active student life make it all the more appealing. They have so many great study abroad opportunities and major options, just in case I change my mind on what I want to do. Overall, UGA would be an amazing college to go to!!

If I could attend college, I would love to go to the University of Texas at Austin. Forever, it’s always been a passion of mine to be an engineer. From a young age, I have always been fascinated with hands on building like legos or toy train tracks, but I never thought about how far this passion would take me. To this day I still love doing all things hands on and apply all my skills I have built up to actively pursuing an education in it. I have taken numerous engineering courses at my high school, applied for many internships and summer programs, and even got accepted into taking a dual enrollment at UT Austin. It’s my dream to apply my skills in a real life work environment with other like minded individuals all trying to complete the same goal and I believe the best place for me to achieve this is the University of Texas at Austin. Now, I’m not biased but I do live near and have grown up near Dallas my whole life and it would be great to go to a school near home. So, if I could go college and attend any one of them, it would be UT Austin.

If I could pick any collage to go to I would pick university of Massachusetts Lowell because it is the number one public health science school whitch is perfect for the career that I want to go into which is physical therapy.

If I had the opportunity to go to any college, I would attend Purdue University (West Lafayette). Although this question has a hypothetical aspect, I’ve picked Purdue for (mostly) practical reasons. The first reason is that it is close to home, something that is very important to me because I want to stay close to my family to maintain relationships. I also chose Purdue because of its academic opportunities. I want to study pharmacy and Purdue is one of the few schools that offers an undergraduate degree in that field. Additionally, Purdue has an amazing honors program that offers support in writing a thesis, leadership development, and hands on learning experience. These opportunities can be found at other universities but Purdue is the only place I have seen them combined. As far as my less practical reasons, I would choose Purdue because of its environment and extracurriculars. Purdue’s campus culture offers the chance to live in an environment full of people like me, who value excellent education and work hard in preparation for the future. They consistently set the bar high through double majors and innovative research. Collaborating with these people will push me to achieve more than I would anywhere else. The rare opportunity to participate in a collegiate color guard also supports my personal goals of self improvement as a leader/person. My guard experience in high school was one of the most crucial experiences in improving my confidence and communication skills and I know that a collegiate level guard would continue to do the same for me as I experience its new challenges.

If I could pick any college, I would choose Maryland Institute College of Art. I would choose this college because it has some of the best art programs in the country. They foster creativity, ensure job security, and teach you like no others. It has been my dream since I was 14 to attend this college. I was able to get into this school and now I just need to figure out how to get there financially.

If I could attend any college, I would attend Heidelberg University in Tiffin Ohio. Not only is there the ability to double major in both of my career interests (music theater and composition), I can also participate in their PlusOneAdvantage Program, which allows me to also earn an MBA without paying in full. Outside of academics, I also adore the community fostered there; Heidelberg calls itself the “opportunity makers,” and it’s seen their incredibly active and genuine student population. Everyone on campus has been nothing but kind and helpful to me, and I’m very excited to attend this fall! :grin:

If I had the opportunity to go to any college, I would attend Purdue University (West Lafayette). Although this question has a hypothetical aspect, I’ve picked Purdue for (mostly) practical reasons. The first reason is that it is close to home, something that is very important to me because I want to stay close to my family to maintain relationships. I also chose Purdue because of its academic opportunities. I want to study pharmacy and Purdue is one of the few schools that offers an undergraduate degree in that field. Additionally, Purdue has an amazing honors program that offers support in writing a thesis, leadership development, and hands on learning experience. These opportunities can be found at other universities but Purdue is the only place I have seen them combined. As far as my less practical reasons, I would choose Purdue because of its environment and extracurriculars. Purdue’s campus culture offers the chance to live in an environment full of people like me, who value excellent education and work hard in preparation for the future. They consistently set the bar high through double majors and innovative research. Collaborating with these people will push me to achieve more than I would anywhere else. The rare opportunity to participate in a collegiate color guard also supports my personal goals of self improvement as a leader/person. My guard experience in high school was one of the most crucial experiences in improving my confidence and communication skills and I know that a collegiate level guard would continue to do the same for me as I experience its new challenges.

Spartan college has my heart along with their aviation maintenance program. I will be attending in fall 2026 so that I may get the very best hands on experience working on aircraft’s in a clean, well maintained facility with exceptional instructors who are known to produce incredible mechanics! I would like to increase the number of women in aviation maintenance considering that globally, only 3% of women fill these positions.