My GPA is ruined

I’ve been taking classes at the local college–so far I have taken about one and a half semesters worth of classes, everything from Astronomy to Chemistry, and have gotten an A in every class.

Until this semester. I’m taking Organic Chemistry… and I’m getting a low B. If I weren’t convinced that my professor is curving the class extremely generously, I think I may actually be getting a B- or C+, and if my progress continues (as it most likely will), my previous 4.00 GPA at the college will be dragged down to a 3.8 or so. So my question is, will the fact that I’m doing poorly in such a difficult class, often called the toughest class a student will take, influence the decision of a college? Particularly since my high school courseload (I am a potential valedictorian) and the rest of my college courseload is, well, impeccable?

God, I ****ing hope not.

<p>To answer your question - it probably won't hurt you. Are you taking college classes for high school credit? If you don't need it to fulfill graduating requirements at high school, there is no reason your college grades should be calculated into your GPA.</p>

<p>Why on earth would you worry about something so petty? Of course colleges aren't going to care if you're challenging yourself...</p>

<p>yeah...I'm having the same prob w/a college physics course...the prof isn't awesome (and neither is the TA), so I'm having to do self study...plus I'm not a math/sci person, anyway. I've got a high B/low A but it may not last long since the material's getting harder...</p>

<p>well I never thought 3.8 was a terrible gpa, but maybe that's just me</p>

<p>If you put the grade on your high school transcript, it will effect your GPA/Rank.</p>

<p>If it's not required to graduate, don't put in on your transcript, just request that a college transcript be sent to where ever you're applying- the college will see you're challenging yourself, and your high school record will not be adversely effected.</p>

<p>My GPA was a 3.8 at the highest O_o</p>

<p>I don't think you should sweat it. If I were a college I would prefer the students that DON'T sit there and calculate their gpa's over and over...</p>

<p>mine is a 3.8uw, but at my school you have 2 options, 1 allows it to count for highschool and college credit (affects gpa/rank) and the other is only for college credit (though the school won't pay for it this way). So just ask for a college transcript to be sent</p>

<p>dude, 3.8 is really good. Stop complaining</p>