My green card expired the ninth of this month

<p>I am trying to get the paperwork filed on time, but we have a waiver to deal with, since there’s no way my single mother can afford the exorbitant renewal fees. As I am aware, I have to send in photocopies of my green card to the colleges I am applying to. Is it okay to send photocopies of my current expired green card and tell colleges I am getting it renewed?</p>

<p>(This is why a lot of these bureaucratic processes need to be outsourced to private firms … government agencies, especially in the Immigration Department, are so horribly inefficient and there is little incentive to improve the waiting time.)</p>

<p>I also have a green card. I would suggest you sending a copy of the expired one with a note saying that it is being renew. I believe colleges will understand.</p>

<p>In the future, renew it MUCH earlier. Mine was renewed very early. It helps with the stress, trust me.</p>