Name Change While Attending


I’m a transgender student who is going to be attending East Tennessee State University, and I was curious about the general process of name changes, and potentially any specific information for my college.

In addition, I was wondering if it would be possible to change my name in ETSU’s county since as far as I can tell, they don’t have any resources on changing your name in my home county, Hancock County. (I have already called the court house about it, and they mentioned that they’ve never had someone ask for that kind of form before.)

Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

Not sure if this is helpful but I found this resource.

I think once you changed your name officially through the government, you can bring that form to the university administration.