Nationwide Emergency Broadcast system test

<p>2pm came and nothing happened...good thing it was only a test, as it was a failure</p>

<p>It was on tv and radio here (not sure about outside as I can't see/hear outside from my office. But like a friend said, shouldn't they broadcast it through the internet, cause that's where most people are connected, not with radio and tv!!!</p>

<p>Am watching cable tv, CNBC, and nothng happened</p>

<p>According to the newspaper, this was a test to see what worked and what didn't. So clearly they will have a lot to work on for awhile!</p>

<p>I do find it odd that they can't figure out a way to get the message onto our phones or over the internet. I think the majority of americans are probably away from the TV or during working hours.</p>

<p>Haha....ABC-7 NY fail...........</p>

<p>It's a complicated system - where some stations actually have to relay messages. There were apparently some problems with messages being relayed that did not trigger other systems. If you were watching a cable system and didn't see it - that is more than likely a problem at the cable company.</p>

<p>In some places the warning voice-over was mysteriously replaced by a Lady Gaga song. In those places I guess the message they were trying to get across is: "If this had been an actual emergency you would have received official instructions to get up and dance."</p>

<p>There were still tons of people without TV reception in CT as cable service had not been uniformly restored around the state after the snowstorm the week before.</p>

<p>Around here they test the tornado sirens at noon on the first Wednesday of the month . I always hear them. Heard nothing at the two PM national alert hour. I knew it was scheduled but didn't have my ear glued to the school door....</p>

<p>Tornado sirens would not have gone off - it was a test for broadcasters only, television and radio, which mean cable and satellite should have carried as well.</p>