Neck Support Pillow?

<p>I have been having mild to moderate neck and shoulder stiffness on waking in the morning and even when turning my head during the day. I am a teacher and tend to look down and bend a lot during the day. I also think that my sleeping posture is partly to blame. Has anyone ever used a cervical neck support pillow? Do they help? If you have a suggestion for a brand or type, my neck and I would really appreciate it.</p>

<p>You might ask a doctor to check for any shoulder/rotator cuff issues. Neck ailments often have a root cause in the RC. We use buckwheat husk pillows. They provide a lot of support and remain cool.</p>

<p>I've heard good things about memory foam pillows too.</p>

<p>I have a C-shaped memory foam pillow from Bed, Bath and Beyond and I found it helped my shoulder issue (I'm a side sleeper and have been sleeping with my shoulder crunched under for years). However, the pillow is hot, so I haven't been using it. Instead, I use a small decorative pillow that is thin and has a cotton cover. I put that in between my neck and the regular pillow and it helps a lot. Massage and acupuncture also helped me. Also exercise!</p>

<p>If you are middle-aged or older, you might have degenerative disc disease of the cervical vertebrae starting to develop, in which case a neck pillow might help provide some relief but won't solve the problem.</p>

<p>^^^ I agree. I've had neck pain for over 7 years now and own more than a dozen pillows that were suggested me. None helped. Neither did years of acupuncture, physical therapy, massages. It's also worse in the mornings.</p>

<p>Get a CAT scan and see if you have any degenerative disc of your spine . Consult a doctor.</p>

<p>My sister in law swears this pillow changed her life.</p>

<p>Amazon.com:</a> Mediflow PolyWaterbase Fiber Pillow 1 ea: Health & Personal Care</p>

<p>I use one when my neck is bothering me. It makes a huge difference.</p>

<p>Memory foam pillows have put an end to my tossing and turning.<br>
I have one that is almost flat and feels heavy and another that is light and fluffy.</p>