Need Direction for a Chem/Chem Ed Grad Degree

<p>Hi all!
I am new to the forum, but I am looking for some advice. Here is my situation:</p>

<p>I am currently pursuing an undergrad in Elementary Education emphasizing in Math and Science.</p>

<p>It is my ultimate goal to be a professor at a large university, preferably in Chemistry.</p>

<p>I would also like to obtain a PhD.</p>

<p>Some ideas that I have bounced around are:
1. A second undergrad in chemistry, then a PhD in Chemistry.</p>

<li><p>A PhD in Chemical Education (is that possible with an Education Undergraduate Degree?)</p></li>
<li><p>A masters in Chemical Education, then a PhD in Chemistry. (Again, is that possible?)</p></li>

<p>I am open to any other "chain of degrees" that would ultimately lead to a PhD in Chemistry (or Chemistry Education -- how well versed in Chem do you become from this degree?).</p>

<p>Time of the programs is not a huge deal, as long as I could complete in less than 12 years.</p>

<p>As for the school, I am looking for something reasonably priced (currently I am thinking $25,000 a year -- but that may be flexible). I would also like a school that is very strong academically.</p>

<p>When I took the ACT, 2 years ago I got a 30.
My current college GPA is 3.73
My current GPA in the area of the physical sciences is 4.0</p>

<p>Thank you in advance for any/all information and ideas about colleges or tracks of study!</p>


<p>Anyone have ANY ideas?</p>

<p>How is your chemistry? Have you taken Pchem? Have you taken Inorganic Chemistry? Have you taken Analytical Chemistry? How about chemical biology?</p>

<p>Chemical Education PhD's require admission to a Chemistry Phd program. As such, you'll need to be competitive with chemists.</p>

<p>Keep in mind that a professor at a large university will be carrying out independent research. Chemical education might not be the best way to get there, though I do know of one professor at my school with a PhD in Chemical Education.</p>