Need help: University of Oregon vs. University of Iowa vs. University of Georgia

<p>Assuming I don’t get accepted to Notre Dame (dream school, but long shot), these are my top 3 choices. All 3 schools meet my main requirements: great college town, big-time football, lot’s of school spirit, aesthetically pleasing campus, good business school. I will be an OOS for each school. </p>

<p>I want to go into business, but I eventually want to be involved with sports, particularly the NFL, in some aspect.</p>

<p>Arguments for and against each school:</p>

<p>Georgia
Pro’s: Warm weather, southern hospitality, amazing facilities, SEC football, strongest rated business school of the 3, strongest overall academic reputation of the 3,decent outdoor recreational activities
Con’s: Cost</p>

<p>Oregon
Pro’s: I love rainy weather, lot’s of greenery, beautiful campus,Lillis Business complex (top-notch facility), laid-back west coast feel, strongest sports business opportunities available anywhere (Nike and Warsaw School of Sports Management), outstanding outdoor recreational activities, close to several ski resorts (snowboarding is one of my passions), Duck football.
Con’s: Cost (but parents may retire in Oregon so I could possible eventually get in state tuition), a little concerned about the academic quality and job placement for graduates of the business program.</p>

<p>Iowa
Pro’s: I have a $9.5k/yr scholarship package there, nice people, good college town, seems like a family atmosphere there (haven’t visited yet).
Con’s: weather (a little too cold for me), it’s in Iowa, not a lot of outdoor rec activities (not close to any ski resorts), I feel that I may eventually transfer from there, floods.</p>

<p>All opinions on where I should go are welcome</p>

<p>I’d pick by where you want to live after college. None of those place that much out of region but all do well at the nearby big cities. So UO>Portland, Seattle; Iowa>Chicago, Minny and UGA to Atlanta and Charlotte.</p>

<p>I’m pretty sure that I’ll end up back in Southern California (Orange County or San Diego), North Carolina, or Florida (Tampa area?). I would be content working in Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta (maybe), and Charlotte for a few years before settling down. However, I’m not a big fan of Portland, or the Twin Cities. </p>

<p>Another reason I have UO and UGA ahead of Iowa is because they have better job placement in the areas that I want to live and work in after college.</p>

<p>If cost is an issue at all as you imply in putting cost as a Con, I have no idea why you are not staying in CA for school, particularly if you intend to move back to CA after you graduate.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>A. I don’t like any of the schools in California except UCLA, which doesn’t have an undergrad business school.
B. The massive budget crisis. I have several friends and relatives at various California public schools and they have all said that it is virtually impossible to graduate in 4 years due to overcrowding and cuts. Combine that with rapidly increasing tuition, and the cost of attending one of these schools is about equal to attending an OOS public. I’d rather pay the same amount and graduate in 1-2 years less. </p>

<p>Honestly, cost isn’t that much of an issue. If I went to UO or UGA, I would end up w/ about $20k in loans (maybe less). If I went to Iowa, however, I would graduate debt free (pretty much the only reason why I’m considering it).</p>

<p>I also forgot to mention that while I love Orange County, I feel that I need a change. I want to explore other parts of the country, different cultures, and get away from the Orange County bubble.</p>