[Need HELP] What is the Best Community College For Me ?!

<p>Hello!! </p>

<p>I'm from Morocco, and I'm dreaming of studying at the USA, i still in high school, next June i will get my high school diploma, so i have so much time to choose the best community college that's good for me, so, i will tell you what i want and what is my problems, to answer me about my main question
so, first of all i'm computer addicted, and i really want to study computer science, but i like recording videos, and taking pics, and all my friends said that im so good at this, so i have three choices, Computer Science, Filming, and Photograph, and i want a SAFE! place and with low living cost, this is what i want, in other hand my problems, my family not very rich, and my country has low economics, so our currency is too low 1$ = 10Dh so that much, and other thing, is there any possibility, to WORK & STUDY!! so, that will help me, and the important thing is Very Good Community College!! and, what you thing about SMC ?! </p>

<p>and thanks :D</p>

<p>SMC is great, but living in santa monica can be expensive.
PCC is great too, might be cheaper to live than santa monica
i think mtsac would be the cheapest to live around...</p>

<p>@Dainese thanks so much, after searching about these two CC, i found Mt. SAC, they rated the Walnut 9/10 Safe and 9/10 quality of education, and like you said it's cheapest
i have more questions about this CC Mt. SAC
1. How much i have to pay to them per year just for tutation ?
2. I think they have Campus, so how much i can pay for the campus if i want ?
3. Is there any good jobs ? and how much i can make per month ? and do i can balance with studying and working ?
4. I think u was at this college, so, can you tell me what you think ? what good and bad about it ?
5. if is there any information i have to know, it will be so cool if you tell me </p>

<p>and thanks soooo much</p>

<p>yea walnut is very safe</p>

<ol>
<li>How much i have to pay to them per year just for tutation ?</li>
</ol>

<p>depends on how many units you take. units are about 26 dollars each..most students will take from 14-18, but 12 is the minimum needed to be considered full time.</p>

<p>taken from mtsac's website: "Mt. SAC offers a quality undergraduate academic or vocational education at affordable rates. The direct cost to you as a full-time student taking 12 units each semester is almost $625* for the year."</p>

<ol>
<li>I think they have Campus, so how much i can pay for the campus if i want ?</li>
</ol>

<p>I am not sure what you are trying to ask here :(
There is no on-campus living quarters that im aware of.</p>

<ol>
<li>Is there any good jobs ? and how much i can make per month ? and do i can balance with studying and working ?</li>
</ol>

<p>Jobs are available through financial aid, but with the current economy it is still difficult to find one. you can make avg wage. per month im not sure since i dont know how many hours/units you will be juggling. </p>

<p>you can balance studying/working by working on campus, tutoring, lots of planning out or simply by talking to people who are already doing this.</p>

<ol>
<li>I think u was at this college, so, can you tell me what you think ? what good and bad about it ?</li>
</ol>

<p>I did attend mtsac and it was great. the only downside is availability of classes, the walking around campus (its very hilly), and the parking. those 3 things will be the most common with any mtsac student.</p>

<ol>
<li>if is there any information i have to know, it will be so cool if you tell me</li>
</ol>

<p>join the honors program :)</p>

<p>Thanks so much for your helpful answers </p>

<ol>
<li>r u sure it's 625$ coz SMC it costs 6,000$ per year i'm confused !!!</li>
<li>haha sorry but i mean did they offer rooms for living and food ... and all like this ?
3 thanks, but i will work as much as i can, how much i will study per day ?! </li>
<li>hahah it's pk for me the hills is all what we've got here haha im ok with them </li>
<li>i just did some research of what does mean " honors program" and i understand it's like get some extra hours ?!! thanks i will join them :p </li>
</ol>

<p>and thanks soo much</p>

<p>It costs 26$ per unit for a residential student.</p>

<p>From the Mt. Sac website- "International Tuition: $214/unit + $26/unit enrollment fee. Required of international students attending Mt. SAC on an F-1 Visa."</p>

<p>whoops...thanks flutie. :)</p>

<p>thanks Flutiefruit
ooh that's cool it's like 5760$ per year, </p>

<p>so, do they have rooms for students and how much it costs ?
and thanks again :D</p>

<p>mtsac does not provide housing but there are recources at mtsac that can help you find housing</p>

<p>heres a link
Housing</a> Information</p>

<p>usually rent is about 400-500 a month</p>

<p>Thanks so much my bro, you r the best always helpful answers :D</p>