<p>College is starting soon and I need a new laptop. I've been doing some research and I know Asus is a pretty good brand an Sony Vaio is apparently good as well. I know I'll probably be hauling my laptop around with me so I don't want something weighing like 7 pounds. The computer I'm using now is very old. An Acer Aspire 3000 series. It's time has come to retire. And I am quite use to Window's XP, but I don't mind Windows 7. I'm not sure what Sony Vaio laptop to get as some of them seem a bit pricey for what they offer. So if anyone can find one that's somewhat decent to what my requirements are I would very grateful!</p>
<p>Here are some of my requirements:
- 15" Screen or lower is what I'm going for
- Like I said earlier I prefer something weighing (less) than 7 Ibs.
- 320GB of memory is fine I don't need an extremely large amount of money since it will be a college computer
- A non-gaming type would be good. Although one day I may play RO (if anyone has heard of it it's called Ragnarok Online-it's pretty fun)
- a CD/DVD drive
- decent battery life (Like say 7 hours or more?) 6 cells is fine by me
- As far as operating systems I would prefer Windows 7 over Vista
- Price isn't an issue at this point since I've been saving up for one.
- of course I need USB ports.
- something that runs fast and not too laggy would be nice as well</p>
<p>I have a couple of Asus models that I like. I'm not quite sure which one to pick out of all of them, but here are the ones I chose:</p>
<p>I know it has Windows Vista, but the other specs are good.</p>
ASUSTeK</a> Computer Inc. - Notebooks - M51A</p>
<p>I thought I might add that I do not need a laptop with a numeric keyboard. If anyone can voice their views on the models I have listed and can find a decent Sony Vaio that would be wonderful.</p>