Nervous about March 10th. This is my only shot and my grades are not so strong...

<p>I'm only applying for one school, Taft (it was my first choice). As a person who will be a Junior next year, this is my only chance to apply and thats it. I had my interview and decided (with the head of admissions suggestion) to apply for 10th grade since I'm young for my year. </p>

<p>SSAT: 91th percentile</p>

<p>Recs: Hopefully good but I see no real reason why they wouldn't be</p>

<p>Sports: Varsity XC (4 years, captain) Varsity Softball (2 years)</p>

<p>ECs: Theater (musical and drama, currently have a lead in my schools musical and attend performing arts camp for 3 months), community service, aerial acrobatics (tons of acts)</p>

<p>Courses I'm currently taking: Honors Bio, Honors Chem, Honors English, Honors Algebra II, Spanish II, AP Modern Euro. </p>

<p>Grades: a few As and A+s a few Bs and B+ and one C+ in AP history (Im not sure if this is weighted?). My grades mostly suffered due to a really bad concussion that not only kept me out of school making me miss a ton of work but affected my ability to learn for a while when I came back. For example: my english went from a high A+ to a B. All of my teachers mentioned this in my comments and I told Taft at my interview. </p>

<p>Interview: I thought it went really well. I had a really nice talk with the Head of admissions who seemed like a great guy. I also met with the head of music, the head of theater, and the softball and xc coach. I sent them all thank you letters when I got home. </p>

<p>My parents went to Yale, Columbia, and Penn.. I have no idea if that has any slight benefit but they asked for it on the app so might as well say it here.</p>

<p>Please chance me? I'm incredibly nervous since this is really my only shot.</p>

<p>Please? Help?</p>

<p>fine...idk because im applying for ninth but you have a strong reason for not having your grades up high enough...i think that will be okay for taft...i wouldn't worry if i were you. as for where your parents went to school i don't think it really matters..hope that helps :)</p>

<p>Yeah, I've heard different things. I assume it has a small affect since the schools want their kids in to the best colleges and legacies would have a slightly higher chance (presuming they have the grades). But I also bet there is an appeal for kids with parents who never went to college. </p>

<p>Of course, I have 0 idea haha.</p>

<p>honestly, i think its the least of your worries...your parents aren't looking to be admitted...</p>

<p>Exactly. They ask for it on the app so whatteverrr.</p>

<p>You are quite well rounded, so I'd say that you have a good chance. Why back out and apply for 10th grade (I'm applying for 11th grade)?</p>

<p>Well I am young for 10th grade as it is. I was born in June and would therefore graduate at 17 rather than 18. Although I could be an 11th grader I can also be in 10th. Also, I have an extra year to take all the classes I'd like to be able to, I can have an easier time making friends and fitting in, and it's not so bad if I have trouble adjusting to classes and work load at first because it wont be the most important year of highschool. Also there are 3 spots for girls in 11th grade while 40% of the grade comes in 10th.</p>

<p>You shouldn't think about all the numbers so much. It could make you more nervous.</p>

<p>Which numbers?</p>

<p>There's nothing you can do about it now. Just sit back and wait patiently. I know exactly how you feel, last year I was waiting for March 10th with just as much passion. (I was accepted to the school, but endlessly waitlisted for FA, such a heart-breaker.)</p>

<p>I think you just need to sit back, take a deep breath, and be confident in yourself. :]</p>

<p>The percent applying this year and last year and how many got in and the yeild rate... those numbers</p>

<p>I wasnt thinking about them but okay.. sure</p>

<p>so your suppose to be a junior but your gonna stay in HS 1 extra year just to go to a boarding school?</p>

<p>Yeah, sort of. It's completely worth it in my opinion and it makes complete sense. I also think I'll really benefit from it as a person as well. There's no rush anyways!</p>

<p>Everyone I know that repeated thinks it is the best decision they have made.</p>

<p>Yeah, I think it would be a good decision on my part. I'm not at the "best decision I ever made" stage yet, but I think that might be coming into play assuming I get in.</p>

<p>BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE....specially if i get in!!!!!!!!</p>

<p>You're doing it too? What school?</p>

<p>boarding is not going to make you smart, if your smart now you will be smart wherever you go</p>