New York University (Stern), University of Virginia, University of Southern California EA & ED

Hello guys, I am an international high school student studying in Malaysia. Do I have any chance of getting into New York University (Stern), University of Virginia (Darden), University of Southern California (Marshall) by applying EA or ED?

SAT I : 1940
GPA cumulative: 3.75 (my first year in HS was screwed due to language difficulties, but I had a lot of improvements !)
AP: CHINESE 5 (our school doesn’t really provide AP courses)
IB (predicted) : 36
IB Econ HL, IB Chem SL, IB English SL, IB Chinese HL, IB Music HL, IB Math SL
Extracurricular: NHS, music honor society club), did a lot of volunteering works, Varsity Sports (4 years), Piano (ATCL)
Leadership: One exec and one president

In addition, what’s the difference between EA and ED?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh and Babson College too !

Early decision is binding, meaning if you get in you basically have to go there. Early action is non-binding so you still have a choice on other colleges.

As an international student you will held to a much higher standard. I would say all 3 are reaches when considering your SAT score (which is low for all 3) and the fact that you’re applying as an international student. That’s not to say you can’t get in its just going to be hard for you. Best of luck! Chance back? http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/what-my-chances/1851091-chance-me-please.html#latest

Your predicted IB score isn’t dazzling- it’s almost exactly average- especially considering your course rigor: you only have 3 HL- Econ, Music, and Chinese (which I’m guessing is a native language for you). Your more rigorous classes - Math, Chem and English (which I’m guessing is a foreign language for you) are all SL.

fyi, UVa - Darden is a graduate school- for undergrad you apply to transfer to the McIntire School of Commerce after 2 years of general undergrad.

Thank you guys ! Does anyone know Babson college ?

Asked and answered on your other thread.

Thank you ! If I get about 33 on my ACT, do I have a chance at all these schools?

I highly doubt that you will get into a prestigious university like NYU. Please lower your standards
Sincerely,
JK (Jingus Khanas)

Oh wow blunt much?