NHSGA and CMU Pre-College Summer Online

My son is interested in the National High School Game Academy program through Carnegie Mellon. It appears like a very attractive program as we have no been able to find anything similar anywhere else that compares to it’s 6-week game development program.

My only concern is the website indicates it will be online again for the summer 2021 program.

Has anyone done the 2020 online CMU Pre-College NHSGA? How was your experience and was it worthwhile? In addition to working with peers on a deliverable, I really want my son to experience taste of how of college/dorm living is plus be immersed in a good intense program with like-minds. Did anyone successfully defer their admissions to the following year?

The NHSGA is growing to be very competitive ( It is the only game development in the US that spans 6 weeks). Has admissions to the NHSGA program been even more competitive and highly regarded in recent years such as— 2018, 2019 2020 (online).

My son is looking at this for this summer, did your son wind up applying or attending?