NJ to Cali

<p>Hey I'm looking into transferring into UCLA sometime next year. I go to a community college in New Jersey and plan on finishing up my engineering degree in California. I don't know the process really and I heard it really competitive. Any advice or comments to help me out or give me an idea of what I'm walking myself into?</p>

<p>The process is, you complete as many pre-requisite courses for your intended major while maintaining a high GPA. You must also have at least 90 quarter units by the end of the spring quarter (or semester, w/e system you go by) before you transfer. That's basically all there is to it. </p>

<p>Pre-requisite courses for UCLA engineering: Transfer</a> Preparation - Engineering Majors - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions</p>

<p>As far as priority for transfer admissions go, applicants from California community colleges get highest priority. Everyone else has lower priority. This is reflected in UCLA's profile of admitted students from outside of California:
Profile</a> of Transfers from non-CA US Schls - 11 Fall-3 - UCLA Undergraduate Admissions</p>

<p>As you can see, it's competitive coming from OOS, so if it's possible, you should think about moving to CA first and attending a CCC for a couple of semesters.</p>