Nmsf

<p>For the year of the award, do we put the year of the test or the year the award is given?</p>

<p>I would assume the year the award is given.</p>

<p>^ Yes, that is what I am doing.</p>

<p>Okay I was reasonably sure but I just wanted to clarify whether I should put junior or senior year.</p>

<p>Edit: Does this apply to the AP awards as well?</p>

<p>When will we find out about this?</p>

<p>
[quote]
Does this apply to the AP awards as well?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>Yes, I would put the year that you received the award.</p>

<p>
[quote]
When will we find out about this?

[/quote]
</p>

<p>You will find out whether you are a NMSF in September I believe. But you can use historical cutoffs to know with a relatively high degree of certainty now.</p>

<p>is that high enough certainty to put it on an application, though?</p>

<p>^ If you are more than two points above the past cutoff, I would say so. In any case, you'll find out before you have to submit your application.</p>

<p>I'm hoping to submit my applications before I leave the country, but you're right; I'm probably safe.</p>

<p>^ What was your PSAT score?</p>

<p>I found out in December, haha. That is way too long ago...
let's see. It was a 234. The cutoff for my state was 218 last year, so I think I'm okay.</p>

<p>actually, the main issue for me with NMSQT is that at that point in the year, I was unsure about when I was going to be graduating (3 or 4 years). I got bad advice from a guidance counselor about how to represent that on the answer sheet, so I'm not sure whether they counted me as a qualifier because of that. I did get the letter about having them recommend me to colleges or whatever, though, so I'm hoping that it worked out.</p>

<p>^ If you got the letter, you're definitely eligible. And your score is high enough that presuming your being a Semifinalist is warranted.</p>

<p>Ah, excellent. Thanks for the advice.</p>