"No Grade" in course before transfer...

<p>Long story short, my professor kinda icked up a couple of people's final exams (mine included) in one of my required classes. He gave us a "NG" as a temporary grade and asked us to retake the final during the first week of fall quarter. I will be attending UC Davis in the fall so I'll have to go back to my previous college for a day and retake the exam. I have no problem doing this and I've also contacted admissions already about my issue but they have yet to respond, so I thought I'd ask if any of you guys have any experience with my situation.</p>

<p>How would a "NG" or an "Incomplete" grade affect my transfer admission? The "NG" does not count for units, so I lose 5 units towards my transfer. However, this still leaves me with exactly 90 units which is the minimum required for the transfer. My GPA will also be above the GPA stated in my admission condition. I'll be receiving the final grade in the fall, which would be too late for the admissions office to review. Does anyone know if I can get rescinded because of that issue? I'll definitely be passing the course, but it's just that the admissions office won't be able to see the final grade before I start at UC Davis.</p>

<p>Anyone been through a similar situation before? Thanks!</p>

<p>I’m highly certain they’ll be very understanding about this. It’s not your fault you got this mark, lol. :P</p>

<p>Just explain your situation and they should be fine with it.</p>

<p>Wait, the prof goofed up and wants you to go out of your way to return and take a final?<br>
I think I would protest with a letter to the CC administration and let them know the situation. It wasn’t your fault that this professor had management problems. The administration at that CC needs to act on your behalf. </p>

<p>Additionally, he has a lot of nerve asking you to retake the final at his convenience and not as soon as possible. I think Davis will be understanding if you have the proof from the CC’s administration to back it up.
Since Davis doesn’t start until the 23rd of Sept, does the CC start in August?</p>

<p>Ok, so it’s been 2 weeks since I told UC Davis about my issue and they still haven’t responded. They said that they’d get back to me within 7-10 days though, so does this mean that I’m safe? The suspense is kinda killing me lol. They’re gonna start checking everyone’s transcripts on the 15th, so hopefully they won’t freak out when they see my “NG”.</p>

<p>And yes, the professor wants me to come back and retake the exam. To be honest, this is my best option as well since I’m currently out of the country and won’t be back until mid-September. :confused: The only thing that’s worrying me now is that I’ve already been rescinded and that I don’t know it because they usually call to let someone know that they’ve been rescinded. But since I can’t use my phone here (out of the country), they should technically email me with news if I don’t pick up, right?</p>

<p>Email Davis and let them know you’re only available by gmail or yahoo because you are out of the country. If they’ve rescinded you, they need to let you know ASAP.</p>

<p>Davis is working with a staggered staff, so don’t be surprised if they are a little latent with their responses.</p>

<p>Its sad that no one in your class could stand up for themselves (apparently). I would have exploded in rage.</p>