No ID for Orientation

<p>I recently lost my ID and on umich's site, it states that I need it for orientation. What should I do and what do I really need it for?!</p>

<p>uhh you pretty much need it for everything, so you may wanna find it......</p>

<p>Are you serious? Go to the DMV and get a new one.</p>

<p>You don't have some other form of ID? Maybe a school ID from high school, or a passport?</p>

<p>yeah i could get a school id but my drivers license is gone...i could get a new drivers license but it takes about a week for it to come in the mail :/</p>

<p>What? In my state you get it 10 min after they snap your photo...</p>

<p>When I had to get a new license I had to wait for it to come in the mail. OP, they should be able to print you a temporary license-- it won't have your photo but will allow you to drive and have your name and DOB on it. I would think that accompanied by another photo ID (maybe your school one from last year?) might work if you have no other options, depending on what they need the ID for. I can't remember using mine for anything but picking up my Mcard first thing.</p>

<p>Anybody know how it works in Michigan when you turn 21? I was under the impression they'd just send my new license in the mail without me having to do anything, but my boyfriend thinks I have to go somewhere. My birthday is in the middle of the week and I have school, how am I supposed to do that!</p>

<p>They screwed up the last license I had to get when I was old enough to not have my curfew anymore (yay graduated licensing), they were just supposed to send my license but they thought they already had when that was my FIRST license, so I had to go stand in line for hours to get them to fix it. I am hoping things will go more smoothly this time. >.<</p>

<p>Is the only id they accept a drivers license?</p>

<p>Perchance, do you have a passport? That should work.</p>