No National Merit Mail [2012]

<p>I applied for the scholarship as a Semifinalist and have not received any word from NMSC.</p>

<p>Does this mean that I did not get it?</p>

<p>Sorry to double post, but I don't know where the edit button is.</p>

<p>Also : I do not understand.
If I do in fact become a finalist, does this mean that I qualify for scholarships, or is there yet another round of elimination?</p>

<p>Give it time. NMSC just began mailing letters to schools the 1st of February. The letters to our homes will be sent the 8th of February.</p>

<p>*I applied for the scholarship as a Semifinalist and have not received any word from NMSC.
*</p>

<p>Can you clarify? What do you mean that you applied for the scholarship as a semi-finalist????</p>

<p>Do you mean that you filled out the NMSF forms last fall for NMCorporation? That's not applying for a scholarship...that's just the paperwork to become a NMF.</p>

<p>However, if you applied to some SCHOOLS that give large NMF scholarships, that would be different.</p>

<p>*If I do in fact become a finalist, does this mean that I qualify for scholarships, or is there yet another round of elimination? *</p>

<p>If you make finalist, you may be considered for one of the "one time awards of 2500 dollars". There are 15,000 finalists, and those are given to 2500 students...not many at all.</p>

<p>However, if you apply to some SCHOOLS that give the big NMF scholarships, you can get one of those.</p>