Non-disclosure

<p>For what reasons would someone go on the non-disclosure list? I would like to keep my privacy and don't know why someone would NOT want to be on the non-disclosure list.</p>

<p>Cause, IMO, its irrelevant. Its not like your information is going to be shouted from the rooftops, just given out on request.. It could end up helping you, you never know.</p>

<p>If you want to get a job/internship and your employer has to verify that you attend/attended Yale, Yale cannot confirm that information if you are on non-disclosure. If you want to transfer schools, Yale cannot confirm that you went there. Basically, if you're not a famous person that everyone will know went to Yale (like the Bush girl), it may hurt you, because the university will not be able to confirm or deny that you attended. </p>

<p>Yale isn't going to give out your personal information to random people on the street, or sell it to telemarketers to make money. Non-disclosure is like the witness protection program; useful under dire circumstances, but you wouldn't necessarily want to be in it.</p>

<p>I called and asked, and apparently people go on the non-disclosure list because: they are famous or related to famous people/royalty, or they have been the victims of abuse/stalking.</p>