Nontraditional Premed?

<p>Hello! This is my first post here.</p>

<p>I'm a 30 year-old nontraditional student who dreams of becoming a physician. I have some college credits under my belt from art school and community college (cumulative GPA: 3.6,) and I recently graduated from a medical office certificate program with a 4.0. My SAT score from 1999 (back in the day when 1600 was perfect,) is 1370. </p>

<p>Now I'm looking to enroll in an undergraduate program (preferably for nontraditional students,) where I can finish my degree and position myself for applying to medical schools. Columbia's School of General Studies is my ideal choice, but obviously I can't assume I'll make it and I'm looking for advice on other places to apply. Strength of the premed program is paramount. </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>do you need to be in NYC? Fordham and NYU are those below Columbia, you also can go to Hunter which is cheaper. med school will only look at your MCAT, gpa and course rigor, they don't care where are you from.</p>

<p>I don't have to be in NYC, but I'd like to stay on the East Coast. My main concerns are that I may have a difficult time applying to regular undergraduate programs because of my nontraditional educational history and that I want the best possible preparation for med school.</p>