Hi! I was accepted into Northeastern and Binghamton for computer science and am having a hard time choosing between the two. I was also waitlisted at Williams and Cornell and will write both schools letters of continued interest this weekend.
- known for cs/engineering + has specific program for mixing cs + art
- co-ops to land good internships + connections
- known for study abroad programs
- in boston – city + college town
- out of state
- diverse (diverse in identity but also interest and ways of thinking if that makes sense) student body
- expensive ($60k/yr w/o loans, $50k/yr with loans) Cornell is $50k/yr – my mom said 50k isn’t a huge difference from 60k and if I were going to Cornell it’d be about the same amount butttt I think I should also factor in that Boston is a city and I probably will be going out around the city and spending $. buttt I also don’t exactly know how northeastern’s tuition works bc I would be getting paid while doing co-ops so???
- cheap ($30k/yr)
- best suny
- accepted into FRI program
- in state
- in the middle of nowhere (so I’ve heard)
- not as diverse of a student body
- party culture ?
- would feel like i worked hard in hs for nothing
Bing’s best thing is that it’s cheap but I’m not sure I’d be happy there. My mom is saying it’s fine if I go to Northeastern but it’s so expensive So really idk what to value more here – where I think I’d be the happiest or the price tag. (I have visited NEU and liked the school–have not visited Bing bc I applied as a safety but now that I was rejected from a lot of my top schools, it comes down to NEU and Bing)
What sounds like the best option/what should I consider in my decision?